• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Australian 2002 Cars/parts - For Sale & Wanted Thread

oz_tom

A thread to post any Australia based parts you have for sale or are wanting to buy, as sometimes the local parts can be lost in the sea of US parts within the 2002Faq Market.

Play by the rules

1 - Only post For Sale or Wanted To Buy parts / cars here that are yours or are on behalf of a friend (no random eBay ads)

2 - No chit chat within the thread - Contact the seller/buyer via email or PM directly otherwise this thread will clog up with off topic content

3 - Post a price (or link to eBay etc where price is visable)

4 - Of course still post within the 2002Faq Market too!

6780296635_13fa58faa3_b.jpg

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

[FS] 2002's for parts, restoration or race

Posting this up for a friend - so I do not own these vehicles - View the PDF for images of the vehicles.

• The owner does not wish the vehicles to be 'picked at' - cars are being sold as a 'whole'
  • If the nose is pointing up, its likely not got an engine in it. Interiors may or may not be with the car.
  • I've tried to describe these cars as best I can, but simply call Al to discuss the finer details.
  • Vehicles located near Wangaratta, so good for NSW and VIC people
  • No prices are listed here, but give Al a polite call or email and you could snap up a cheap parts car, resto project or race car!

Contact Al - 0418 384 304 OR redjack7@hotmail.com

The cars:

• Car 1 – Squarie – light rear beaver panel damage. Heaps of panels, trims etc.
  • Car 2 – Roundie –  Auto, some front damage but most panels good

• Car 3 – Roundie – Very good base for resto  or racing, was Auto, blew motor

• Car 4 - Squarie – Light rear tap, beaver panel damage

• Car 5 – Squarie – Parts car for panels

• Car 6 – Auto car, If I recall correctly it has a low k’s motor in it. Just needs front struts to be driving again (again, if I recall correctly). Sunroof (non factory)

• Car 7 – Roundie – Great base for a project / race car

• Car 8 – Roundie – again a good base to work from

• Car 9 – Accident damage in the front if I recall correctly – Plenty of good panels. Parts car

• Car 10 – This thing is a ripper of an NK. Built motor with low low k’s on it. Original BMW 300 degree cam and injection (upgraded in some way if I recall correctly to cope with the cam). Don’t expect less than $5k for this – very cool car with a VERY cool motor. Looks rough but will come up well with only a bit of TLC
  • Car 11 – Roundie - Aftermarket cabrio. Front end hit and needs a motor. Plenty of panels

• Car 12 – Roundie - This is an EXCELLENT base for a restoration or race car

BMW 2002s for sale v1.pdf

Edited by oz_tom

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello peeps on the thread, I am re-emerging into the wide world of 02 after a long hiatus.. Seems I might have that 'fear of finishing' thing going on. The beige 1969 02 ti spec has been lurking in the garage for years now, half restored. Not sure what, how or why but I'm feeling it's time to get the ball rolling again! SO...

Body resto is done and I'm about ready to lay on paint and need help, either with choosing a resto shop that owners have had good experience with, or help painting the car myself (still keen on the idea). I'm in Melbourne, so local sprayers would be a help.

When the car is back together I'll be hunting down some retro red pin stripe tyres (BF Goodrich maybe) to fit period 13in alloys, so anyone in the know for good Oz suppliers, your suggestions are welcomed.

After that an LSD will finish off the driveline. My use will be about 60% street, 40% highway. Reccomendations on drive ratios and places to source the unit are welcomed. Car is running high comp ti spec motor with E21 5-speed overdrive box.

Reccomendations of workshops with good knowledge of 02 running gear in Melbourne are appreciated too. I've been off the scene for around 7 years now so I imagine things have changed. My old favorite, Pedders in Hawthorne are gone now. Man did those rally guys know what they were doing! Car has camber/castor kits front & rear and a bunch of other suspension mods so need someone who knows what they're doing for the final setup.

Motor will need tuning but I'm sorted for that.

Interior needs doing but am sorted for that too (unless you have some great period low-back racing buckets!)

Hoping to have it all done by end of year, so any help is appreciated. My number is 0412187910. Thanks! Chris

ps: I'll post pics of resto etc if someone can tell me how to do it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi there

I'm new at this thread stuff so forgive me if I get something wrong ...

Long story (hopefully) short ...

I've owned a 2002 since 1980  - and just last week purchased my 4th (1974 inka) to replace my 3rd (1973 fjord blue) which is being retired due to a bit too much rust and a recent bad idling diagnosed as head gasket (or worse) in nr4 cylinder and consider not worth spending any more $ on.

So....

I'm after a few parts - eg LH door and a set of original 13" rims to go on the orange one ...

and there will be a lot of good usable bits off the blue one in due course ...

I'm in Sydney - lower north shore

any ideas / advice / contacts etc would be appreciated

not sure if I should leave email address or phone nr here - so I guess I check this thread every now and then for potential replies?

thanks and best regards

Pete G

• 2 months later...

I am looking for a spare 2 litre engine, complete with ancillaries ideally but certainly a 'long block' of head and block.

Condition is not so important as I want to rebuild it but ideally nothing too 'explosive' or catastrophic to have happened to it.

I could also be interested in any gearboxes or diffs you may have cluttering up your place - just to make the trip worthwhile. ;)

Location? Of course, Adelaide would be fantastic but I could manage a trip over to Vic or NSW. QLD and WA may be a bit far unless you are giving away free original turbo motors. In which case, I am on my way!

Price? Let me know what you want, I will pay whatever's reasonable.

Let's see what you have and thanks for reading.

rtheriaque wrote:

Carbs: They're necessary and barely controlled fuel leaks that sometimes match the air passing through them.

My build blog:http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/163-simeons-blog/

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 23/03/2018 at 12:23 PM, godofspeed said:

Simeon, thanks for the offer, got a set of nice original wheels from another member here.

now looking for a steering wheel as mine is fairly cracked, does anyone have anyting suitable for the 1972 roundie?

Hi mate - are you after a factory roundie wheel or more of a Nardi or Momo wheel?
PS: love to see your car - always good to see a new one from Oz!

72tii - Whitey

74 - Blacky

• 6 months later...
On 4/1/2018 at 2:20 PM, oz_tom said:

Hi mate - are you after a factory roundie wheel or more of a Nardi or Momo wheel?
PS: love to see your car - always good to see a new one from Oz!

sorry i didnt see this! ended up fixing the cracks and recoating my existing wheel as i figured most of the factory ones will be cracked anyway.

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors