DakarDoug

Who Is Selling The Gas Tank Inserts For Spill Free Refueling?

12 posts / 2076 viewsLast Reply

OK guys, need your help.  Who is selling the inserts that go into the 2002 filler neck for easier filling up?  I am so tired of spilling that expensive gas all over the place.  I really need one.  Thanks in advance.

Doug

Doug,

look around the 2002FAQ for    harry6422    and contact him directly, he has all the info to help you out.  This past weekend at [email protected] he was showing us the thingie he uses for filling the gas tank.

Cheers,

Carl

(edited)

HBChris was selling the filler adapter.  Not sure if he has any on-hand.

I have one and it works great!

Regards,

Andy W.

Edited by 02Nut

Just make sure the bend in the filler tube is compatible with your car. I bought one and had to shorten it a lot for my '73...not sure it really works as intended but it's still a big improvement

the cheapo way is to get a pieace of hose thats fits down the filler hole and california fill stations nozzel pipe. 13" long (helps the back), insert hose...... insert nozzel hold back vapor recovery bullshit on pump and add fuel.

less than 2bucks at autozone/lowes etc... just make sure hose is fuel rated

cheers

Edited by ndog

the cheapo way is to get a pieace of hose thats fits down the filler hole and california fill stations nozzel pipe. 13" long (helps the back), insert hose...... insert nozzel hold back vapor recovery bullshit on pump and add fuel.

less than 2bucks at autozone/lowes etc... just make sure hose is fuel rated

cheers

And don't drop it in the tank. It helps if you put a hose clamp on the hose so it can't go down.

dude 13" piece of hose wouldnt/couldnt drop in to the void/unless u jammed it in all the way :wacko:

you just want to pass the 90degree elbow that cali pumps no like.

good luck again sir

Edited by ndog

I have an extra one of these. LMK if you still need one. 

I'm new here but came here looking for this and the elbow as the previous owner didn't tell my mine was cracked and I leaked fuel everywhere

Just added fuel to my first 2002 today for the first time and was greeted with a puddle. Is it not possible to get a replacement filler neck?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.