• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Another Rota Rb Question

zdealey

Sorry to throw this out there, but I just want to verify I'm purchasing a set of wheels that will fit correctly.  I found some Rota RB's used, but in good shape.  The specs are:

Size:  15 X 7

Offset:  35

Bold Pattern:   4 X 100

Hub:  67.1

I know the Hub should be 57, but I understand you can swap it out for the correct hub centric ring.  Also, is the offset to large?  Please advise FAQers.  Thank you!

might have to roll the fender lips a little

Thanks for responding and that's good enough for me.  My fenders have been slightly rolled with the paint job she got.  At this point, I just want bolt on wheels with no hassles or further modification.  Do you know the correct prescription for such wheels?  I may hold out for VTOs with all the Rota QA issues.  Thanks again for your advice!

wrong offset.  those sound like miata wheels.  correct offset is 25mm not 35mm.  you will need a spacer, and with a spacer that wide you will need longer wheel studs.

pass on those and just get the 25mm offset version and save your self some hassle and the expense of spacers and wheel studs. 

2xM3

wrong offset.  those sound like miata wheels.  correct offset is 25mm not 35mm.  you will need a spacer, and with a spacer that wide you will need longer wheel studs.

pass on those and just get the 25mm offset version and save your self some hassle and the expense of spacers and wheel studs. 

BIG BIG THANKS, Marshall et all!  I'll pass on the wheels and hold out for the right set, likely VTO's.  Thanks again guys for quickly answering my question.  The 02 community is just that damn good!  Check out my project blog if you get time.  It's not perfect, but it's mine!  It's going to be really great to finally get this car on the road in time for spring.....7 years in the re-making :-)

rota rb's are nice wheels.  not sure what you have heard about "QA" issues.  I have run them on my car on track and street with no issues, nor have i heard of anyone else having any issues.  they are reasonably priced new and come in the exact size, hub dia and offset needed for 2002's.

"hub centric" is not an issue for a stock 2002, but if you go to the 320 front hubs for brake upgrades, hub centricity is important.  get the right hub dia wheels.

2xM3

In terms of Rota QA issues, I've heard of the rims breaking apart from the spokes. The dude that was selling used RBs had two wheels NIB and two that he'd ran. He explained that the NIB wheels were replacements as the original ones had cracks.

http://stockton.craigslist.org/pts/4260008408.html

Either way, I suspect the QA issues are more likely abusive driving issues and it's not enough to scare me away from the bang for buck RBs offer.

In terms of Rota QA issues, I've heard of the rims breaking apart from the spokes. The dude that was selling used RBs had two wheels NIB and two that he'd ran. He explained that the NIB wheels were replacements as the original ones had cracks.

http://stockton.craigslist.org/pts/4260008408.html

Either way, I suspect the QA issues are more likely abusive driving issues and it's not enough to scare me away from the bang for buck RBs offer.

Are you from Stockton? Or just near the area?

1975 BMW 2002 Fjord