Marine Blue Vinyl Source

bruno615

I'm looking to redo my center console and would love to wrap it in Marine Blue Vinyl to match the seats and doorcards.  I am in need of a yard or so of correctly colored Marine Blue Vinyl material.  I've only ever seen it for sale in kits for seats.  Let me know if you know where I can get some!

Mike

yes, all of the above is who I found too... I've been wanting to do the same.

If you would tell us how it went with handy tips and pictures maybe?!?!

I think there was a post ways back where someone showed how they did it without that heat seam along the edge. I have done a bit of vinyl work, but I'm not the best at it... would like some pointers if you get around to it... that would encourage me to get after mine!

Thanks everyone.  I'm going to take a look at my local options this weekend and making an order if necessary.  I sent in a sample request from World Upholstery.

For those wondering, I am only going to be recovering the front faceplate of the dash.  My current one was done by the PO, and has cracked at the sides where the radio is.  I plan on either going with wood or metal, and wrapping with blue vinyl.  My sides are still in pretty good condition and I hear they are hard to wrap as well.  I'll take some pics of my measurements, since it's been requested.

Now that I think of it, I'll probably rewrap the rear trunk boards as well, as one of those has a huge gash/hole in it (and marine blue would look nicer than dirty gray)

Mike

Re: Mike;

The sample that Veterans sent me does not show either Saddle or Tabacco by name, but they do have both smooth and perforated in Buckskin, which looks close to me, but one would have to put the sample alongside the original to know for sure.  Might want to give them a call, Mike,  and see what they say.

Bob Napier

Mike,  believe it or not I've found it at the local Jo-Annes (after being dragged there by my wife).

I was just at the local Jo-Anne's today to pick up some black vinyl to make a couple of rear parcel trays for my 2002. I got enough to cover two trays and I think the whole thing set me back about 20 bucks. They had quite a few colors.

Archived