• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2002 Beauty Shots

bluebmw

20 hours ago, yezzir said:

They look like will be awesome. Do they seem to fit well? Please keep me updated on the installation process! I'm considering getting some.

To be honest, I thought they would fit better as the flange doesn't sit exactly flat to the wings. I'm sure I'll overcome it. Just check my threads,  I'll be posting more pictures in due course. The dilemma I have is what wheels to go for; it'll probably be Revolution 4 spokes (7j x 13 with ET5) but I do love the pricey Cromodora CD 66 replicas. I wanted to steer away from Minilites as they are common but they do look great. It will come down to availability and cost.

26 minutes ago, AndySals said:

The dilemma I have is what wheels to go for; it'll probably be Revolution 4 spokes (7j x 13 with ET5) but I do love the pricey Cromodora CD 66 replicas. I wanted to steer away from Minilites as they are common but they do look great. It will come down to availability and cost.

The optimum - considering you've gone for Alpina flares - would obviously be 13" Alpina alloys.  But I also recognise that they're more than just a little expensive.
In that light, I'd recommend finding a set of 7x13" Ronal Kleeblatts...  They'd look proper awesome under those flares...  B)

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

17 hours ago, Guy Cocquyt said:

1970 automatic I found as a rolling shell. Three years and $15K later, it is on the road, fun to drive and pretty peppy for an automatic.

I salute you for keeping her auto.  The auto's were fairly rare in the first place, and through the years loads of them have been converted to manuals.  Not that I blame those who have converted them, as I'm very much a manual-guy myself.  But equally, it makes me happy every time I witness an auto being preserved...

She looks great too!  Granada red is such a lovely colour for the early cars.
If it were mine though, I'd sort some new chrome inserts for the front- and rear window rubbers, and find a set of trapezoid door mirrors too.  Final touch to make perfect might be a set of wipers in polished stainless steel.  :)

O==00==O
With BMW-Regards,
Anders.

I salute you for keeping her auto.  The auto's were fairly rare in the first place, and through the years loads of them have been converted to manuals.  Not that I blame those who have converted them, as I'm very much a manual-guy myself.  But equally, it makes me happy every time I witness an auto being preserved...
She looks great too!  Granada red is such a lovely colour for the early cars.
If it were mine though, I'd sort some new chrome inserts for the front- and rear window rubbers, and find a set of trapezoid door mirrors too.  Final touch to make perfect might be a set of wipers in polished stainless steel.  [emoji4]

Thanks for the suggestions, I have the chrome inserts just need to replace the window gaskets which have perished. The trap mirrors are getting very hard to find, but I am still looking. The wipers, that was something I hadn't considered but will now add it to my wish list. Only compromises on " stock" are an electronic fuel pump and a VW windshield washer pump.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

reproduction trapazoid mirrors are now available and they are very nice.

Vintage Autobahn has them in Portland, on sale... complete with mounting hardware including cage nuts and seals.

https://vintageautobahn.wordpress.com/02-parts/

image.jpg?w=753&h=&crop&ssl=1

Ed

Edited by zinz

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

10 hours ago, 02Anders said:

The optimum - considering you've gone for Alpina flares - would obviously be 13" Alpina alloys.  But I also recognise that they're more than just a little expensive.
In that light, I'd recommend finding a set of 7x13" Ronal Kleeblatts...  They'd look proper awesome under those flares...  B)

I know, the Alpinas are well over a grand now so way out of budget. I do keep looking for the Kleeblatts though, I should have mentioned them.

walking thru the shop on Sunday and saw movement down low and this is what I saw...he when back under the hub cap so I opened the door and pushed the car outside...Did not want SNAKES IN THE CAR......it's a rat snake

021.JPG

Don’t let the fear of what could happen

make nothing happen…

hahaha....that'll get your heart rate up.  I'm glad it wasn't one of our local "coon tails" , Barney. You are certainly out where they live.  This little guy will help keep the rodent population in check, anyways.

Good times :)

Ed

'69 Granada... long, long ago  

'71 Manila..such a great car

'67 Granada 2000CS...way cool

On April 8, 2017 at 0:53 PM, danco_ said:

The fun car and the fun car. I left the other fun cars at home. 

58e93f9dbcfbe_sogood_-2.thumb.jpg.bbd99e56a67470059070c0980860fda8.jpg

Yes sir it is!

"Red is the new black" ?

image.jpeg

Edited by LLCoolJQ

74' 2002 (Running Project)

86' 911 (Weekend Warrior)

5 hours ago, LLCoolJQ said:

Yes sir it is!

"Red is the new black" ?

image.jpeg

Well, since we're posting up our 'close cousins', here's my Red & White Fleet ?!!

IMG_1387.JPG

'73 02 Verona (DD) / '93 Porsche 964 GP White (Fun runs)

All Gone: '73 Tii Ceylon Gold / '71 02 Verona / '89 E30 M3 Lachsilber / '72 Porsche 911T Silver (Rgruppe#448)