E21 Rear Drum Brakes Upgrade

Rustpile

I´ve searched the forum, but I can´t find an answer. When upgrading to 250 mm rear drums, what backing plates do I need? 

The ones from E21 produced before Jul. 1977 is not the same as the ones after, and Swedish cars have yet another version. I am going to just buy it all new from a renowned Scandinavian BMW parts dealer (koed.dk), and the early backing plates are four times the price of the later ones, and the swedish version is even cheaper.  Buying it from other countries just makes it all silly expensive after shipping and customs. The IE-kit will probably run about 800 USD in the end, and the parts from koed.dk is just shy of 500, if I can use the later style(# 34211120045 and 34211120046)

i did the e21 250mm rear drum conversion to my 76. what i did was got everything from a junk yard minus the (wheel cylinders) you want to use new wheel cylinders and pay close attention to the park brake cables. very easy conversion. it used to be very inexpensive when people started dumping e21's because they dont pass smog check in california.