Pics From The '68 Refresh

quietglow

I dug out photos from the work we did to my 02 back in 97 and scanned them. Sadly, the project turned into a timed event about half way through it as I had to go back to school, and I stopped shooting pics. More rust than I remembered it having, but now at least I know exactly where to look for it recurring.

Hope you enjoy.

http://goo.gl/Bmywpo

Hahahaha I totally know what you mean this is specially painful if the car has like 5 layers of paint to go through. I usually go with the grinder but again it damages the metal a little bit if you are not ultra careful.

Best bet would be a soda blaster but I'll get one when I'm rich ; )

It was by far the most challenging part of the whole thing. I'm sure it was made worse by the fact that the blue paint was applied with a brush, so it was about an inch thick. 

And that stripper is sheer evil. You'd be working away and all of a sudden get a sharp pain where a little drop had managed to find some exposed skin.

I remember being worried about grinder marks, but the super high build PPG primer we used really filled stuff in. It was almost like shooting a diluted bondo or something. The downside was the endless sanding.