Touch Up Paint

Stuart

• 5 months later...

Steve - Did you pull the number from your car or just take what they listed from their site? Also, did you get the pen or something else? Their site shows 085 and 163 as both being Chamonix.

Stuart

I'm traveling so don't have the color brochures with me but I seem to recall that all '02-era colors are 1 or 2 digits. This would certainly point to 085 and not 163.

Steve

I recently did some touch up work on my car earlier this week and i use an acrylic enamel from PPG. Got it from the paint store a mile from my house. This stuff you can order to match paint codes from the factory. This stuff is Brush on and dries in half an hour. i am really pleased with it considering i was just trying to weatherproof the car while i wait to get it painted properly.

I was told that the color code was on a sticker in the engine bay.  The sticker I was told to look at, the portion of it that has the number, is gone.  Go figure.  Is a car's specific paint code somehow referenced via your VIN# and or the Month and Year it came off the line? 

Stuart

Archived