• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Swap & Show 2014 Will Be On 3 May At The Brisbane Marina

steve k.

• Administrators

Initial posting-- Swap & Show 2014 will be on 3 May at the Brisbane Marina (as recent years).  For anyone concerned, this is BEFORE Bimmerfest at the Rose Bowl.

We still have a number of details to work out, but the date and location are set.  Watch for a preregistration announcement with MotorsportsREG.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

• 1 month later...

More details are available and pre-registration is open on Motorsportreg [http://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm/event/event.advert/uidEvent/360477F3-AC31-A0F7-214243BFF3796B62#.Uuik9XmttFQ].  Pre-reistration saves money: we charge $20 on Motorsportreg but $30 to register on-site (and if you register on-site there is a possibility we will not have your shirt size, but we do try to order enough). More details are on the pre-registration page but the event card graphic gives the key details.  And feel free to post any questions that may arise so we can facilitate a great turnout!

Larry

Huber bayarea02_s&s_card_v3_P2 140209.pdf

Edited by layers

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

’73 Malaga— first car, now gone

'74tii Malaga

• 2 weeks later...

Guess who'll be there this year? It's been a while! But back to my 02roots again!

Lisa

02princess

Novato, CA GGC

BMW CCA 130542

Lisa 02princess -  SF Bay Area

73 2002  - "TESORO" 2585434  <>  67 1600  - "DERBY" 1514011 <> 65 R60/2 "Gigi" Motorad w/Sidecar

02princesslisa@gmail.com     https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/143-02princesslisa-with-her-tesoro-derby/

instagram: MotoLisa.02P

• 1 month later...

Both my son and I are coming but does not look like either of our cars will make it.  

His Sahara 74 tii will be getting "sorted out" and my Chamonix 72 might still not have a complete interior.

We were car less last year at this time and now we have 2.  If either of my other two boys find something we might have 3 next year.  We'll see.

Stuart     

Hi Spike--

You can bring your car in any condition (well, driveable helps) and so long as it does not damage the lawn (another recent issue).  If you have lightened your tii by removing some of the interior I do not see that as a problem.  But I hope to see you (and your son{s}) with or without a car to show.  Less than 2 weeks away and the shirts are enroute!

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

We will be there regardless.  My car has no seats or window glass front and rear.  My son's car is going to a good friend for sorting out.  What I might have are some 2002 HO scale slot cars to show.  I have an HO scale track in my garage and a friend is painting up some bodies in 02 colors in a simple 2002 livery scheme. Hoping to hold a race/get together at my house this summer for local 02 owners.  More to come..... 

Be well and see you on the 3rd.

Stuart aka Spike

Hi everyone--

Just a last instant reminder that preregistration closes today.  You're welcome to come if you do not preregister, but bring $30 to show or swap.  Still, observers are welcome at no charge.  We have 79 registrations so far.

Larry

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

Larry -

My car is close but still lots to do.  Here are a few videos from last Saturday's check in with my interior guy.

[sharedmedia=videos:videos:69]
[sharedmedia=videos:videos:70]

She's getting there but my interior guy is 80+ years old and I don't want to push him.

See you Saturday.

Stuart

Hi all, 

I'll be at the show for sure, but can't say the same for my 02. Waiting on a fairly critical parts shipment that might not arrive in time. 

In the meantime, if any of you have a set of early bumper brackets that you're looking to part with, I'll look for you in the swap area.

Cheers,

Bjorn

Hi Spike--

Carl Nelson was there last year with some parts.  I'm not sure if he is driving up again this year, although his La Jolla Independent remains a Turbo sponsor.  If he appears I'm sure you (or your brother) can discuss 700 parts with him.  If that does not work for some reason you can e-mail or call him.

See everyone tomorrow!

Larry

Larry Ayers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'74tii Malaga

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors