• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sharing Some Vintage Race Shots

jrkoupe

attachicon.gifTN_Brno-1972-05-21-026.jpglook  at these early Alpina flares..

attachicon.gifTN_Brno-1972-05-21-026.jpg

they remind me of Pigpen's car earlier in this thread!

Hi Joel,

I maintain that these flares are self made by the owner. There is no evidence that Alpina ever made such a type of flares. This is the only (known) existing picture with those flares and it is in 1972. Ok, the flares could be older, but anyway....

Here some pics of my archive

BMW Works Car TDF Auto 1971Rauno Aaltonen / Paul Easter, behind you see the nose of the car Tony Fall / Mike Wood

post-36643-0-86288100-1388869780_thumb.j

and here the french legend Aimé Dirand / Daniel Fallot in their GS-Tuning prepared car, also TDF 71

post-36643-0-37478400-1388870279_thumb.j

Both cars DNF :-(

-W.

W

you may very well be correct.

I made an assumption....

I wouldnt expect a car to say ALPINA unless it was an Alpina entry...at least back in those days. I know today any decal can be copied.

me too ;-)

But, anyway an interesting car. What is the story behind this car? We will never get an answer......

Here a nice webfinding of a Halada car. This is mysterious. Does anybody know the year? I believe it is in the late seventies, it looks like a hillclimb event and the car is Group5. Or it is a national czech (?) event with own rules, also late seventies? Something else?

post-36643-0-41398500-1388878007_thumb.j

Gliding Serpent.. Thanks for posting the Beach Auto car. Bought my first 02 from them in 1993.

Were these taken at Mosport? Wonder what happened to their two cars.

I think the guy with the notepad is having a heart attack.

Edit: I don't know what's happening, the pictures are not showing in quotes. 

Edited by allbim

No amount of skill or education will ever replace dumb luck
1971 2002 (much modified rocket),  1987 635CSI (beauty),  

2000 323i,  1996 Silverado Pickup (very useful)

Too many cars.

Here a nice webfinding of a Halada car. This is mysterious. Does anybody know the year? I believe it is in the late seventies, it looks like a hillclimb event and the car is Group5. Or it is a national czech (?) event with own rules, also late seventies? Something else?

attachicon.gifzav-vysker-1-img.jpg

Wolle,

soweit ich weiß, hat Zdenek Halada über die gesamte Zeit immer denselben Wagen gehabt. Es gab ein paar Umlackierungen und die Optik wurde später zu modernisieren versucht, als die aktuellen West-02s, die in der Tschechoslowakei starteten (oft Österreicher wie Oppitzhauser oder Manhalter), mit den Verbreiterungen im neuen Stil ausgerüstet waren. In späteren Jahren sind auf die ursprünglichen Schweinebacken noch weitere GFK-Teile druffgebabbt worden und auch spoilermäßig wurde mehrmals umgebaut.

So wie auf deinem Foto müßte der Wagen in 1979 gelaufen sein. Angeblich gibt es dieses Auto heute noch, es soll rot sein und wurde wohl noch in den 2000er Jahren in historischen Rallyes eingesetzt. Herr Halada ist bereits etwas älter aber lebt wohl noch. Heute hat er es eher mit Porsche und taucht da ab und zu mal bei Veranstaltungen der tschechischen Porsche-Clubs auf.

Ich hatte mal ein paar Bemühungen über tschechische Bekannte gestartet, die im Oldtimer-Rally-Bereich bzw. bei dortigen Auto-Zeitungen unterwegs sind. Bis jetzt habe ich aber weder Herrn Halada noch das angebliche Auto persönlich in Augenschein nehmen können.

Grüße, Lars.

Edited by LarsAlpina

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Lars...what rumors?!!!

Well,

in some publications it is said that in addition to a sometimes a bit strange kind of humor Strietzel was a real kind of womanizer back in the days. No one but himself (and maybe some of his close friends) will ever know for sure ...

Best regards, Lars.

Ei guude wie? (Spoken as "I gooooda weee" and hessian idiom for "Hi, how are you?")

Já nevím, možná zítra.

Someone sent me this the other day......check what comes rolling out of the paddock at around .55 secs into the video - my AlpinA car in its "Langnese" red/white livery #28.  This is trailer from the complete video, which i think I probably need to purchase.  Some other great BmW shots as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1IwORw6kyc

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Happy to see you happy Mark. ;)

Will try to push forward the Schlachter issue a bit with the everyear´s end of the year chaos being over now.

Best regards, Lars.

Já nevím, možná zítra.