tucsondude

Door Striker

9 posts / 1942 viewsLast Reply

tonight I put the BMW on jack stands, to bleed the brakes(apparently i dont have a 7mm wrench...)... and now i noticed the door alignment is off??? Any tips how to fix this? In addition I have read there is supposed to be a plastic piece for the latch/striker?

post-39445-0-25185400-1386556462_thumb.j

Also want to verify my jack and stand points are fine. i used the rear of the rear diff to jack the rear end up, I assume this is fine?

post-39445-0-12077600-1386556565_thumb.j

post-39445-0-92912400-1386556578_thumb.j

(edited)

tonight I put the BMW on jack stands, to bleed the brakes(apparently i dont have a 7mm wrench...)... and now i noticed the door alignment is off??? Any tips how to fix this? In addition I have read there is supposed to be a plastic piece for the latch/striker?

attachicon.gifDoor striker.jpg

Also want to verify my jack and stand points are fine. i used the rear of the rear diff to jack the rear end up, I assume this is fine?

attachicon.gifFront stand.jpg

attachicon.gifRear stand.jpg

Jack stands look right, on front frame rails and rear subframe.

Door alignment looks fine. If you want to adjust it the strike on the B-pillar it is adjustable. Loosen the two screw just enough to be able to move the striker.

Buy the white plastic 'kernel' before adjusting the strike plate. http://www.bmw2002faq.com/links/goto/35-rogerstii/

Edited by adawil2002

(edited)

Wait until you get the car back on the ground before you adjust anything. The body will flex a bit while on stands.

51-21-1-809-735 (Bump stop, or buffer)

Dealer MSRP $1.17

Online Price from getbmwparts.com $0.94

Edited by John_in_VA

Excellent advice on droping car before adjusting anything, a high speed run will do you good too, get her feelin right, a few sweet German words cant hurt also. The latch kernals are a must, door wont thunk without them, check your opening rod mechanisms from interior door handles to latch, they should have plastic grommets to settle the rattles when shutting doors, rogerstii has those too

+1 on the latch kernals. Your BMW dealer should have them.

As far as the jack stands, I like to put a piece of wood on top of the stand to protect the frame rail and help distribute the weight.

+1 on the latch kernals. Your BMW dealer should have them.

As far as the jack stands, I like to put a piece of wood on top of the stand to protect the frame rail and help distribute the weight.