Intake Manifold

oclee118

Hello all,

I did a search on the intake manifold and couldn't find much info. Can someone tell me what are all those small holes on the intake manifold are use for? it came out from my 1976 02. Please see the attached images.

Thanks,

O.C.

post-35526-0-32956100-1385953962_thumb.j

post-35526-0-82023300-1385954006_thumb.j

None of those vacuum holes should be used for the distributor. You would use the vacuum port on your two barrel carb that is ahead of the throttle plate. It is the upper one of two on a Weber 32/36. All of those vacuum ports will need a short piece of rubber vacuum hose with a plug unless you want to crimp them shut and weld same. The only vacuum pipe you need is the big one near cylinder #4 for the brake vacuum booster. The other holes are for various brackets and attachments that you are probably not going to use.

As mentioned, the vacuum ports aren't needed if all your smog crap is removed.  You can just put the little black nipples on them and plug them.  More aestheticlly, since you have the manifold off, get some bigass vicegrips and pull the tubes out.  Then get a small tap, tap the holes a bit but not all the way through and stick a setscrew in after a liberal application of locktite.

Archived