Help John B. At Socal Vintage Restore A Special Cabrio Targa By Baur

tomscat1

John B. of SoCal Vintage BMW posted in BMW Baur Owners group in Facebook tonight about a special 1973 2002 Cabrio Targa that he is restoring.  He needs some specialty parts, and is looking for sources/help etc.  Baurspotting is trying to lend him a hand by getting the word out to anyone who may know of a source for 2002 Baur Cabrio Targa parts, new or used, junkyard, part-out, etc. that could assist in the project.  Please respond here, to John directly at SoCal Vintage BMW, in Facebook BMW Baur owners group, or shoot me an email at

tom82baur@gmail.com.  

This is a special Baur that formerly belonged to a past President of BMWCCA and was damaged in a fire.  I hope we can help John get this worthwhile project done!

Thanks in advance!

Here is John's message:

"I am in the process of restoring a 1973 Baur 2002Tii at the moment. The car was in a fire many years ago, and it was left without any of the trim or hardware for the soft top portion.
I am basically in need of all of the soft top and soft top trim items, as well as the small rear quarter windows. Does anyone have any combination of new or used parts to get this car back on the road? Any help, or leads you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. I want this car back on the road this spring!

Thank you."

His full message is here:

Archived