cjeria

That is not "play". It looks that you have a problem in your centrifugal advance mechanism. It's normal that you can turn the rotor in the normal rotation direction. However the rotor should come back by itself so it seems that yours is jamming. You should take apart the dizzy, clean it and see if the springs are broken. It's possible that it's just dirty.

Rotate the engine so that rotor points to #1 cyl mark and mark the housing position so you can put it back to right position.

Tommy

That is not "play". It looks that you have a problem in your centrifugal advance mechanism. It's normal that you can turn the rotor in the normal rotation direction. However the rotor should come back by itself so it seems that yours is jamming. You should take apart the dizzy, clean it and see if the springs are broken. It's possible that it's just dirty.

Rotate the engine so that rotor points to #1 cyl mark and mark the housing position so you can put it back to right position.

Tommy

+1 for Tommy's post. The spring in your mechanical advance is not pulling the rotor back.

Bro

You're just a small tweak away.  You said it was running then suddenly it won't start.  In listening to your video it wants to fire.  I'm in the bay area (east bay).  I work at night I'm available for early to mid-morning, then all day after I get off work n Wednesday...

You might be a little to advanced on your timing, might...Maybe turn it down a smidgen, is what I would do.  Or you might be a little retarded, sorry :) ...but yours is a small problem, nothing radical...I'm not a super mechanic but I like to try things, this is what I would try.

Another thing make sure that you didn't knock a hot wire off the coil that leads from the coil to the distributor while adjusting the timing, I've done that.

I say to cheat the thing and get the satisfaction of hearing it start is remove the filter housing on the carb a spray some starter fluid in the carb with the car in it's current state.  I believe based on the video the car will at least start albeit momentarily...But, it will start then you can go from there.

Also, go job on adjusting the valves..

My name is Ira.

510-258-5514....I don't know everything but it seems that I have a lot of luck

You might be a little to advanced on your timing, might...Maybe turn it down a smidgen, is what I would do.  Or you might be a little retarded, sorry :) ...but yours is a small problem, nothing radical...I'm not a super mechanic but I like to try things, this is what I would try.

I say advanced and the reason is that one of the springs in centrifugal assembly is broken as I said earlier. Tuning doesn't help, it has to be fixed. Well ok, by retarding you could get it running but it wouldn't run right at high rpms.

Replacing with another known good dizzy would be easy way but at least I would like to first see the problem.

Tommy