Another Birthday Candle On The Cake

OriginalOwner

As best I can figure, today is the day I took delivery of my brand-new 1974 2002tii.

Still lookin' good and drivin' great all these years later.

Here's a pic from just last week.  Has always been a SoCal car.  Everything original except for a few bits and pieces that have needed replacing.  Original paint in surprisingly excellent condition.  Body straight except for some very minor tweaks to the front kidney grill area (I hit a ladder).  New upholstery on driver's seat, all other original.  No cracks on the dash, a testament to keeping it soaked with ArmorAll.  All gauges still work just fine (speedo rebuilt earlier this year).  The clock works, but is very loud.

BlueIceCafe__04NOV2013__1.jpg

Cheers,

Carl

p.s.  if you're wondering about the cardboard in the back seat:  it is covering a black-color guitar case.  I don't want the case absorbing all that SoCal sun energy and overheating the guitar.

There cannot be very many original owners, you are part of a unique sepecies! A great testament to yourself and BMW. In 1974 I was married ( still) in 1974 and wanted an 02 but just did'nt have the money, fast forward to 2013 and I have 'Snowy', but I still think 'what if I had bought one back then , think of the fun I would have had'.

The paint looks good as the car has been in a garage for the last 30 years, and always under a car cover of some sort for the first 9 years.  These days, if the car will be parked outdoors for over 5 minutes, on goes the car cover.

I didn't mention above:  235,000 original miles.

Here's 2 pics at Vandenberg AFB ..... doing some off-roading & pig hunting .......

VAFB_hunt_3-14-08__001_the_view.jpg

BMW_mineatVAFB_thegolfball_FEB2005.jpg

Prado Shooting Park in Chino ...... this place has become a regular destination in the past year:

BMW_mine__Prado__01June2012___1.jpg

Cheers,

Carl

Archived