Title Truth

Desiderio

Hi it seems like I just opened up a conversation with a new potential mechanic and I got a red light considering he said that the title the original title that I have on my 1973 is not valid considering they were not giving out titles that early in the century is this true!

Did my car not come with the title that I'm holding in my hand, is this some sort of a makeshift title, it looks pretty accurate much smaller than most titles thank you. Dez

For a question about vehicle titles call your local department of motor vehicles and tell them your story. After they stop laughing they will tell you there has been some miscommunication or misunderstanding by one or more parties. Or you can just do some research. This quote from Wikipedia may be informative:

Many illegal street races of the 1950s, glorified in movies, featured racing for vehicle titles, henceforth the popularity of the term "racing for pink slips,"

--Fred '69 & '74tii