Anyone Currently Doing Headliner Installation?

fjord-tii

i might be tar'd and feather'd for even saying it but i have 2 cars that don't have those very hard to deal with boards installed in...the headliners have never blown up or the car crumbled to the grtound as a result of not using them...it's easier to install a headliner without them

besides, one would be very difficult to make, the material is very stiff cardboad that is precisely formed and the clips are not available and if you have the old one's, good uck getting them back ini

I am getting ready to have the headliner installed in my non-sunroof '72 tii. I don't have the fibreboard that attaches above the rear window and wondered if anyone either has a spare or could create a template from one currently out of a car? Any help much appreciated.

-John

I had my headliner put in last month. I am not sure if that board was used but I now have a non working interior light. I'm pretty sure the wire didn't get attached again. What direction does it go. I am pretty sure that it goes up the pillar near the driver seat. And it had a connection a few inches away from the light, maybe I could run a wire up that way again.

besides, one would be very difficult to make, the material is very stiff cardboad that is precisely formed and the clips are not available and if you have the old one's, good uck getting them back ini

Esty makes an excellent point, but how would you mount the interior light without the board mounted? I have an extra if you still are in need, will have to pull clips but you are welcome to the board if needed

I think you are confusing the sunroof and non-sunroof applications? The sunroof model has a rectangular fiberboard in the middle of the roof, the ceiling light attaches to it. I am looking for the fiberboard that goes at the very back of the roof, just above the rear window, totally different shape and size. The ceiling light in the non-sunroof cars mounts above the driver's left shoulder, just north of the B-pillar.

Unfortunately, I also don't know where the wire goes, whether up the B pillar or across from the lower A pillar holes....help?