Suspension Question - Koni / H&r

davej

after digging around for a while I wasn't able to come across a great answer, so starting a new thread. 

I bought some adjustable konis

Koni Shock - Sport Series (80-1868SPORT)
Koni Shock - Sport Series (86-1519SPORT)
and H&R sport springs

outside of the install process being nuts because the current driver strut was fused into the housing, i also found out that my bump stops are finished as they just crumbled apart. the Konis didn't come with new bump stops (verified they weren't just missing from the box)  

I got a bit confused if I should be trying to find a Koni stop like http://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/koni/department/chassis-suspension/part-type/frame-bump-stops

I'm hoping someone can set me straight and recommend/direct me to a decent source for the front bump stops. also since the car didn't have a sleeve i should probably put one on?

thanks!

thanks guys. I got in touch with someone at koni, and for reference he said that front strut part# needs a 20mm inner diameter bump. He said a progressive soft is what most people go with for daily use and directed me to this table. http://www.koniracing.com/bumpstops.cfm

It looks like they are $20-25 each, but i won't have to wait the 3-4 weeks to get one from Germany, as a few dealers quoted me for oem. Still need to source the dust sleeves, but will hopefully be on my way putting it back together. 

thanks!

I was also talking to a guy at IE and he said instead of waiting for dust sleeves from Germany, he just uses an outer steering rack boot from a 320i says it's practically the same thing and much easier to find in stock for under $10.

also, sorry for neglecting photos earlier, they make every thread better. 

IMG_20131108_110038.jpg

IMG_20131108_105506.jpg

IMG_20131108_101827.jpg

stupid fused strut...making me find another housing before i can finish the project....

Archived