Prophylactically Installed A New Clutch Master

thehackmechanic

With the 5-speed about to go in, and a new clutch slave along with it, I just prophylactically installed a new clutch master cylinder. Installation was trivial. I resisted the slippery slope and didn't pull and refinish the pedal bucket; I just hit it with a Scotch Brite wheel and some rust inhibitor. 

I've never preventatively replaced one of these, but I had the clutch master go out two years ago in the E9 and had to do the start-it-in-gear thing to get it home and it's still fresh in my mind. My intent is to drive this car distances to events (next year at The Vintage; I know, I said that this year).

$67 at BMAParts.

Good to hear its coming along Rob,

With all due respect please start a project blog rather than start a new topic for every update.  With all your updates consolidated into one project blog it will be of much more help to those searching in the future.  Besides it'll be much easier and much more enjoyable for those of us who simply read due to your writing.