Euro E21 Bumper On A Square Tail..?!

eurotrash

so, back in my big bumper days, I was doing the front and rear tuck and at one point entertained using a 320 front bumper.  I only opted out because the one I had was in poor condition.  But it certainly fit the nose shape on the 2002 WAY better than the comparatively squared off stock front bumper on my '75.

http://s283.photobucket.com/user/jasongipson/slideshow/320%20bumper%20on%202002

..then today, while nosing around at lunch, I saw an ad for e21 euro bumpers and it occurred to me that.. well, those just might look pretty darn slick on a 2002.  the tuck would be 100% pure jewelry..  Now, I know its total bastardization, and that the e21 pieces are hens teeth here.  but honestly, they aren't that much more expensive than buying a set of 2002 chrome bumpers.. if not the same $. 

e21eurofront.jpg

e21eurorear.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E21-EURO-bumpers-320-320i-320is-323i-OEM-1977-1978-1979-1980-1981-1982-1983-/190958161574?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c75fe4ea6&vxp=mtr

Has anyone ever run across a square tail car with e21 chrome bumpers adapted to it?  they look to mount up about the same...  I'd really be interested to see the result of at least a mock up. Maybe the rear sides are too long, but dang...

I personally haven't seen it done with the E21 chrome bumper but Esty swapped the E21 big bumper onto one of hers and it looked pretty good. It does match the shape of the car's nose very well.

I personally haven't seen it done with the E21 chrome bumper but Esty swapped the E21 big bumper onto one of hers and it looked pretty good. It does match the shape of the car's nose very well.

Yes, got a couple of galvanized steel pipes from Lowes. They were the perfect teghth and width so just needed to drill holes for the screws that go on both ends and presto. I know that it may not be as safe as with the shocks but it is no less safer than a 73 or older car. Cutting the accordions was a bitch but I took my time with a dremmel and they turned out pretty decent.

I replaced the front bumper with a E21 aluminum one and the size is perfect, I had contemplated doing the same with a Euro E21 but have other priorities right now.  I see no reason why the Euro bumpers should not fit.

I think that looks great.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived