zinz

Faq Grill Badges

311 posts / 25684 viewsLast Reply

Was wondering if the FAQ crowd would have any interest in our very own grill badges?  Kinda like BMWCCA's grill badge.

I've been searching around for a vintage rally badge for my '02 and stumbled across these folks who make custom grill badges. If there is enough interest, perhaps the administrators would get some made for sale in the FAQ Store?

Here's the link... http://www.arniebrown.com/badges.htm

They appear to be very well made with 1/8" solid bronze backs, actual Cloisonné colors and workmanship guaranteed for life!  Made in America, not some cheap, sweatshop crap.

What do y'all think?

I like the idea.  However, I am super cheap so I would want to see the price before committing.

I disagree on using that particular manufacturer, but am totally for a faq grill badge.  I've done a couple before and am working on some right now. If Steve is up for it, I'd be happy to manage it.

Not with the quality of their product but rather ease of business dealings and costs involved.  I've worked with a few high-quality badge makers that are simply easier to deal with and less expensive (In my mind leaving a couple bucks from each sale to go to funding the site).

Gotcha... like I say, I just found them on the interwebs and they seemed to have the best quality product of the sources I researched. 

I see cheap rally badge reproductions on eBay coming out of India and I would like to see FAQ use a US vendor if we can. After reading his backstory, I see a lot of my old man in this guy Arnie Brown and his small business. My hope is FAQ doesn't outsource this idea overseas just to save a few sheckles.  I have no experience in having badges made, that's my just my own $0.02...

I believe Arnie Brown handled production of the badges for the Southeast Sharkfest several years ago. Quality was (just) OK, but he seemed an affable gent. I think the badges were made in India.

I'd be interested in whatever AceAndrew cooked up!

(edited)

Not with the quality of their product but rather ease of business dealings and costs involved.  I've worked with a few high-quality badge makers that are simply easier to deal with and less expensive (In my mind leaving a couple bucks from each sale to go to funding the site).

Andrew...? for ya.... but I cannot/unable to send u a message?

Edited by jrkoupe

(edited)

cool idea, I'd be down for one (pending design). Design over price for me!

($%*()&@#$^@%&* typos corrected)

Edited by vinntagejoe