• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To all Sahara owners....

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

URL: http://www.dagsites.com/2002colors.htm

I'm considering a respray and I like the sahara color I see in

some of your posted pictures. But the posted photos look a

lot more bright and yellow-ish then the color I get from the

link below. Which is closer to reality, posted picks or the

color-site?

Thanks,

Hugo

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

Sahara is beige/tan, not that weird color from the link. When it ages, Sahara tends to lighten up . i would not use that link color as a guide. you can still order Sahara touch-up paint from BMW. Now that is original Sahara- much darker than my 32 year old original paint! before you spend x thousand bucks on a repaint, buy a touch-up bottle for a few bucks and paint it on something. let it dry so you can see what true new sahara looks like when it is dry and code correct.standard.jpgstandard.jpgstandard.jpgstandard.jpgsee how it changes depending on surface , vertical/ horizontal, light conndition, etc.

Guest Anonymous

I'm afraid a tough-up bottle won't be enough to transform my

car from blue to sahara..... I think that calls for a total respray

and since all front and rear wings are to be replaced, a big

spray-job is on the cards anyway.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

even i would not attempt to repaint a 2002 with touch -up bottles, lol. I just think that with all the variations in Sahara color ON CARS, you need a true example of BMW Sahara paint: the best way to get that is to get the touch up bottle and to put that paint on something to see if you like the dry result. Then, you get Sahara code, ( from archives or a knowledgeable friend) send it to Tower Paint co,. and have dem mix you up a gallon or so ( what ever it takes for the kind of job you want)for a shoot.