69 Race Car

gliding_serpent2

This car has been for sale for a pretty long time (years) ..... which is curious.  To answer your question directly, no personal knowledge of this one.  I will say it looks pretty well sorted, put together/executed.  Two CR 5sp trans are worth 6k along (or thereabouts).  Based on what I see it would be really (really) hard to duplicate for that number.  A lot depends on what you want to run it in, rules are all different everywhere.  Peersonally, I think it is a good looking track car with period enhancements.

www.alpinabmw2002.com

Do you guys know this car? I am not so sure about the price (especially since i would need a truck and trailer to pull it...) but i must say it grabs my interest. I am pondering a well sorted track car.

I have a race ready track car i can sell you that was raced by BMW Team Schnitzer if you want an authentic classic race car.

Respectfully

Herschel Brewer

Scottsdale Motorsports

Herschel@ScottsdaleMotorsport.com

Office: 602-425-6611

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/bmw/1364400897/1364400897ss.htm

If that was the stuff 'back in the day' then

the Alfas and the Datsuns wouldn't have had

a chance in hell in the Trans Am.

t

I'm not familiar with period rules from that era for Trans-Am, IMSA, GTU etc.,though I know they were different.  Jeff Hecox knows more about this from when he was racing  his o2 in the Historic Trans-Am races.  I wouldn't be surprised if slide throttle injection was allowed in IMSA races (and probably was)....see below for more than you probably wanted to know about IMSA rules.  I don't recall Datsun's ever running on anything other than big carburettors, Alfa's though (GTAM) ran on slide throttle spica injection.  In 1974 Miller and Norburn was running their #66 BmW 2oo2 with a Schnitzer twin cam in some of the Camel GT races.....the whole rules thing is a slippery slope = never could find anything that allowed (or referenced) my car running a rear mounted radiator, yet they did so clearly it was allowed (although it didn't work out so well.....)

www.alpinabmw2002.com

http://www.imsaracing.net/newpage2a.cfm?p=/Archive/Rules/rule%20archive.cfm

Archived