• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1980 E21 323I

ma.jomaa

Contemplating selling the e21 to finally finish the 02, some of you saw it in person at Socal Vintage lasts weekend. here's the breakdown it's a 1980 e21 323i gray market car imported in the late eighties, car is super dry and I didn't see any rust in the common areas.

The goods:

-Clean Title

-Current CA registration with 2 weeks old smog,passed legally with flying colors. Has the BAR sticker and again fully registered and insured in CA.

-RUST FREE, undercarriage is dry and rust free so are the shock towers, and frame rails.

-Bilstiens with lowering springs

-ST sway bars.

-Reupholstered Recaros with matching back seat.

-ESM BBS replicas 16x9 and 16x8 wrapped with brand new hankook ventus.

-Z3 short shifter conversion with all shifter bushings replaced.

-New guibo(flex disc)

-Rare 323i middle rear panel

-H4 headlights

-Original AC car though the AC compressor was taken out, all other parts are in tact and the AC blower works just fine.

-All Electricals work as they should.

-Transmision and Diff fluid changed recently.

-Previous owner mentioned that the engine was rebuilt some 25K miles ago(no documentation to support that but the engine runs amazingly well)

-car was resprayed at one point of it's life, the paint job is not showroom condition, but it's very presentable, and it was actually one of the cleanest e21s in the SOCAL vintage last weekend.

-It drives great and straight I've been driving it for about 3 weeks everyday with no issues what so ever. The engine rev's freely and pulls very nicely, transmision shifts perfectly and clutch is tight.

-starts every morning and takes about 5 mins to warm up

The bads:

-dash has two hairline cracks barely noticeable.

-cluster was swapped sometime during the past 3 years to US cluster and showing 46K miles, ODO meter not working.

-Needs a stud conversion to allow bigger spacers in the rear(currently has 5mm) 8mm spacers will be included with the sale and that should solve the problem of the rear wheels touching the strusts on hard cornering or when passengers are in the rear seat.

-The owner before the previous owner cut a small hole in each muffler (Though it sounds great, I find it a bit loud for my taste on street driving)

Recommended fixes:

-Get the AC fixed

-Brake job would be nice, car stops fine but I believe the rotors are a little worn.

-wheel stud conversion to allow use of bigger spacers in the rear.

-Either get a new fan clutch or go with electric fan ( I noticed that the temp creeps up a little when in stop and go traffic but it never overheated)

The fine print:

-Asking price: $7000 pretty firm, but I'm always open to reasonable offers.

-I'm not looking for any trades or trades+cash. Vehicle is for sale only.

-This is a used car and will be sold as such, there are no warranties expressed or implied.

-I work M-F 8-5, If I don't pick up please leave a short message with your name and number and I'll get back to you ASAP.

-Lastly for more info you can reach me at 818-703-2097.

Cheers,

Mohamad

2hmhgmc.jpg

2m792xv.jpg

2djor5l.jpg

2rxe6vp.jpg

2jf0oic.jpg

3142cs4.jpg

Year: 1980

Make: BMW

Model: 323i

1979 e21 318 (sold)