Looking For A New Wiper Motor

Brendan

I purchased a NOS unit through this forum -- maybe a year ago. I was under the distinct impression, at the time I purchased the NOS unit, that the wiper motors had been NLA for years.

If you're in no rush whatsoever, there are bound to be a few more NOS examples out there. Otherwise, think "used!"

Steve

Depending on what's wrong with yours, it may be repairable.  Those motors are pretty rugged and long lived; they rarely poop out totally.

However, if the armature is burned out, you're SOL, but if it's something like the self-parking mechanism not working or it's slow or won't turn off, then you can probably fix it.  I did a column or two on troubleshooting/repairing wiper motors; drop me an e-mail if that would help you.

mike

I have a rebuilt early-style wiper motor with no "miles" on it.  However, I'm on vacation but will be home, where the motor is, on November 3.  If you're interested, let me know.l

Fran Ferrance

Ferrance@aol.com

Wrightwood CA

I don't know if the early and late motors are easily exchanged (OP has a '76). Someone here will know!

Steve

Archived