layers

Not The 49 Mile Drive-2013, 14 December

24 posts / 2905 viewsLast Reply

Coming up- Not the 49 Mile Drive!  Join BayArea 02 on December 14 (2rd Saturday in December) as we rally around San Francisco in our annual Not the 49 Mile Drive.  We will meet at Ocean Beach as we have for a number of years (across The Great Highway from Beach Chalet on the West end of Golden Gate Park; Fulton St. is the cross street and the entrance to the Ocean Beach parking lot) between 9 and 9:30 AM.  Following our driver's (and navigator’s) meeting, we hope to have all cars away by 10:00 AM.  After a couple of hours driving the major, minor and surprising roads of San Francisco we will meet again at a restaurant for lunch and to review the photos that each car has numbered in the order observed during the rally.

San Francisco native Beck Diefenbach is orchestrating our rally again this year, exploring the roads that make San Francisco famous and helping us find the hidden treasures and postcard views that make us delighted to live in the Bay Area.  We are also considering lunch options, possibly again on Treasure Island or maybe another delectable restaurant.

Join us for the fun “gimmick” rally, see your friends, learn and enjoy some of San Francisco’s road history and share some BMW tales.  Although you can drive solo, we recommend bringing a navigator (in Wells Fargo jargon, someone to ride “shotgun”).  During the rally your navigator can number the photos we provide in the order you see them on the route.  Kids are welcome to ride along and share lunch!

To see photos from some of a previous “NT49MD” rally, look at [http://www.bayarea02.com/events/12_03/12_03.html].  Watch FAQ’s BayArea 02 Forum for the latest details [http://www.bmw2002faq.com/forum/30-bayarea02/] but be sure to mark 14 December on your calendar for the NT49MD-2013 rally!

Larry Ayers

Oh yeah cool! This will be my second time going. Ill most likely be riding with Beck, the guy planning the rout. Both of us have lived in SF almost our entire lives (I did three years in Germany). Will be fun!

I will be there with my 3 boys. I have a buddy with an Opel GT that will be coming along with his son as well. This is such a great activity with so many great people!

I will be there with my 3 boys. I have a buddy with an Opel GT that will be coming along with his son as well. This is such a great activity with so many great people!

Excellent! An Opel GT?? How freaking awesome. Very excited.

I wish I could make this.  It sounds like great fun.  Son has a volleyball tournament that weekend.  Maybe next year.

Stuart 

If anybody is reading this on the drive. I am broke down on Bryant and 2nd st. I lost the bolts in my front drivers side caliper. I really need help.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.