Small Coolant Line From Intake To Block

Mikesmalaga72

post-33087-0-16284100-1381340874_thumb.j

This is a two barrel hogged out intake manifold. The main coolant lines will be plumbed through it. I am having difficulty sourcing the proper small 7.3mm ID diameter intake coolant bleed line that connects to the block from the intake manifold. Could someone point me in the right direction via realoem? Alternately could this small line be plugged both at the block and the intake? Thanks!

Edited by Mikesmalaga72

Not quite sure since I replaced my intake with a cannon, but it may be for a water heated choke.  If that's the case then you need fuel line hose that is listed in realoem in carb section as 16121180409.  If you don't have the water choke then block off both ports or run a hose between between both.

I don't have a water-controlled choke Weber carb (but, if memory serves, there was one on my car at one time - I've been driving it for 32 years, so I don't always remember everything. I currently run a 38/38 with elec. choke) but I do have that hose from the brass-colored outlet in your photo down to the block (under the #4 exhaust port).

I would think Blunt could help you out on supplying it:  blunttech.com

Bob Napier

If you use bolts to block off the ports (after removing the nipples) be sure and coat the threads with an anti-seize paste (dissimilar metals and water don't play nicely together) and use a copper or aluminum compression washer to seal.  Did that on my '73 around 1981 when I went to a manual choke Weber and deleted those two little hoses...

mike