• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

East Coast Transporter

JackF

Have you tried Intercity, used them for the my old cars.

Andrew Wilson
Vern- 1973 2002tii, https://www.bmw2002faq.com/blogs/blog/304-andrew-wilsons-vern-restoration/ 
Veronika- 1968 1600 Cabriolet, Athena- 1973 3.0 CSi,  Rodney- 1988 M5, The M3- 1997 M3,

The Unicorn- 2007 X3, Julia- 2007 Z4 Coupe, Ophelia- 2014 X3, Herman- 1914 KisselKar 4-40

I found my '72 02 near Boston in Dec of last year.  I'm in NY and I sure as heck didn't want to try driving an unknown entity the 4 hours from MA to NY. Plus, the weather was iffy, and with all the salt on the road, etc, etc....   I didn't know who was a good transport company; looked on-line, found a bunch of supposedly excellent transporters, but the more I checked, the more questionable they became. And I just didn't want my car in a huge trailer with a bunch of other cars.  Then I remembered watching Wayne Carini's show "Chasing Classic Cars" and seeing him use a fellow with a one-car trailer.  So I called Wayne Carini's shop and spoke to a manager there. He recommended a fellow named Jug Clough of Suncook Transport in NH.  Jug's cell phone is 603-210-2629.  I called him, set a date, got a (very) reasonable price. Insured, etc. And reliable!!  My car was delivered within 1 hour of the promised time. I was very pleased.  Jug's enclosed trailer fits one car.  I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.  He doesn't advertise, it's all by word-of-mouth recommendations. Plus, he's a really nice guy.  I doubt that CT to NC would be a problem for him.

Good luck,

Bob

-Bob
(current: 1972 Malaga 2002, VIN 2584644, build date July 26, 1972)

Previous: 1973 Sahara 2002 #2585896 (RIP), 1969 1600, 1971 2002, 1964 Triumph Herald convertible, 1965 Triumph Herald convertible, 1961 Triumph TR3A, 1967 Triumph TR4A-irs, 1959 Austin Healey 100/6, and about 10 other cars (most of which were quite boring)...

Not hauling any longer and really not sure who to recommend to you Jack. However, you are on the right track with your requirements. The most important thing is their insurance and the sending and receiving inspections sheet. Ensure you or your agent inspect the car and every nick is noted at the receiving end that was not on the inspection sheet at the sending end. The shipper should pay for every "new"nick. You want your car on the top if it is an elevator box. It is surprising what falls out of cars on the top to those on the bottom, wrenches, bolts, antifreeze, oil unknown whatever.

Most drivers get in and out of cars through the drivers' side window. Most cars are too wide to open doors so inspect that part of the car and the seat really good to. I carried a large towel with me that protected the window sill and the seat.

Inspect the area where they tie it down. We used slings through the wheels and never scratched a wheel. Other tie down systems are not as kind to frames, wheels, etc.

Note the mileage, sent and received. Some cars are joy rided along the way.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Sorry, for the topic hijack.

Bill Williams, please give me a cell call,

Hello Jack!  Love your Turbo.  I'll finish my clone, some day.  I'll always remember you spending lots of your time chatting with me at Vintage, when it was at Shelton Vineyards.

Regards,

Randy Bryant

Elkton, VA

"To live life without belief is more terrible than dying...., even more terrible than dying young." Joan of Arc

"It is not a sign of good health to be well adjusted to a sick society." J. Krishnamurti

Try uShip.com

Enter the distance, amount and dates. Transporters will bid on the job.

I've shipped two cars from Colorado and a car from WA state to TX great pricing!

Chris Hutton

72 02tii Ceylon 2761758

71 02 Sunroof Riviera 2574316

68 1600 Bristol 1565358

88 535is sold

Just a note of caution, when you deal with a "broker" and not directly with a transporter, you get who you get and if all goes well, then a cheap price is good. If there is damage, a late pick-up, a missed delivery time, resolving that between the broker, "not my fault" and the transporter, "talk to the broker" is a nightmare.

Intercity pays Jay and Wayne.

Intercity is good, Ralph Lauren uses them too.  I think Ralph pays Intercity. I was at Paul Russell's shop in Essex, MA, and Intercity was loading up a trailer load of cars at Paul's to take to Ralph. The cars were incredible, no surprise. I think this load was headed to his place in Greenwich, CT.

Edited by BillWilliams

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

I spoke with Ray Korman about this the other day and his information on using brokers mimics yours exactly, Bill. I don't want to overpay, but the car is in CT, It is going to NC and I am in CA. To triangular! It has to be smooth and the car has to arrive in the pristine condition it is leaving SCR in. As always, much obliged for the suggestions.