Isn't Sitting Straight

glemon

OK, the 2002 is running, shifting, steering, stopping pretty well. So I am focusing on the "little things" like I noticed the front end is uneven, as in about 1 to 1.5" lower on the front passenger side than the driver side. No obvious bends or accident damage, but definitely uneven.

Is this a common problem with a common cause?

More importantly, is there a simple cure?

Thanks, Greg

I did a repair on the left rear spring mount, it was pretty well rusted out. The rear sits pretty even now, but I suppose raising the left rear could lower the right front. You would think me putting the rear right would put the front right. I am out of town now, haven't looked at the front suspension real closely yet, will do when I get back in town early next week.

I've never heard of a stock 2002 spring breaking (much more common on Japanese cars) but it's always possible.  Also, check your upper strut bearings.  As they age, the rubber mount gradually starts to pull apart--if a PO replaced one side but not the other, or if they're deteriorating at different rates (or if it's actually broken) that can cause the problem. 

Unfortunately so can a bent lower control arm and/or kinked subframe or frame rail...hope that's not the problem--difficult and expensive to fix if it's the subframe or frame rail. 

cheers

mike

Archived