Tii Fuel Pump Support

mfbanres

Hi--

I compared the parts when I bought new ones for my tii fuel pump and they are physically identical to the ones that came with my late '73 air filter (carb car, new from dealer).  In spite of the different part numbers these 6mm bolt rubber couplings are identical and next time I would buy the less expensive ones.

Larry

Hi--

I compared the parts when I bought new ones for my tii fuel pump and they are physically identical to the ones that came with my late '73 air filter (carb car, new from dealer).  In spite of the different part numbers these 6mm bolt rubber couplings are identical and next time I would buy the less expensive ones.

Larry

Thanks Larry.

Since I posted this I went to W&N.  On the page showing the tii low pressure electric pump, the rubber supports are listed as:

"air cleaner rubber support"

So W&N agree with you, and I'll order those.

MFB

As Bill stated and is correct the Tii fuel pump rubber isolator is different than the carbureted air filter rubber isolator.

Question it from a logical perspective.

Would BMW use the same part to isolate a moving fuel pump as they would hold a static air filter assembly.

The Tii part is larger in diameter and its length is greater.  We have removed many an air cleaner isolator from a tii fuel pump, it did not make it safe or correct.

Archived