Here Is How You Diy House Work

jgerock

My neighbor Oscar B. loves to tackle a major project now and then.  He owns several E30's including some amazing M3's and needed to replace some wood on his townhouse and do painting/caulking on the upper areas.  I noticed a snorkle lift driving by my house Saturday morning but did not look to see who was driving.  Oscar rented it for a couple days and was doing all the trim work himself.  

I joked with him tonight saying I was going to post this picture in the NCC "DIY" section (hint-hint to Marc Caden.)

IMG_1123_zpsd5566b85.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Bad ASS, do you need a special license for one of these or just big stones and a lot of dough?

I think he told me it was $ 1200.00 for a 3-day rental.  The real money is made in the drop-off and pick-up charges.  No special license, but I believe you must be shown some basics when you rent one.  I've been up on one like this 60+ feet and it moves around a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

Being a sheet metal worker for 20 years I use these quite often for metal roofs, gutter, siding, you do get use to the movement and can get "comfortable" after using them on a regular basis, but there are the occasional unexpected movements that can cause sphincster tightning moments. : /

post-39796-0-12740400-1383201248_thumb.j

Edited by pocho