• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scam Alert

BLUNT

Be careful..  Basically walk away from anyone requesting western union or Moneygram  Here is the latest..  But Im sure he is using multiple email address's

m.spareshop@gmail.com   He claims to be in Chino Calif.   He is answering WTB ads with generic pics. lol  One pic of a wheel he sent was 4x100 and one was a generic pic of a wheel in a box that was 5 lug.

Just a heads up.,.  I think most are wise enough to see into this but just in case

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Be careful..  Basically walk away from anyone requesting western union or Moneygram  Here is the latest..  But Im sure he is using multiple email address's

m.spareshop@gmail.com   He claims to be in Chino Calif.   He is answering WTB ads with generic pics. lol  One pic of a wheel he sent was 4x100 and one was a generic pic of a wheel in a box that was 5 lug.

Just a heads up.,.  I think most are wise enough to see into this but just in case

They're getting more sophisticated. I had a WTB ad on this forum 5 months ago looking for a spare Ronal R2 rim, with photo, of course. I doubt a 13x5.5 Ronal R2 has been made since the '70s, so this is not a common rim. A guy got back to me saying he just happened to have a spare. He claimed he was a Brit out of London. Sounded OK so I asked for photos. Photos arrived but it was an earlier style of R2 than mine. Still OK, but he also happened to mention that his PayPal was out of service and he would be seeking payment via Western Union. I said thanks but no thanks, using "wrong style" as my excuse! I assumed it was over (but realized that if he had not presented the wrong style rim and asked for payment via Western Union, I would have Paypalled, or sent him an international transfer in a jiffy).

But he came back with the right style of rim saying, oh, yeah, I forgot I had another R2 lying around! Knowing he was a scammer but curious how he came up with excellent photos of two different models of Ronal R2s, I searched the Web and found both sets of photos on old "for sale" sites; although both sales closed years earlier, he simply, and cleverly, cut and pasted the photos onto his replies to me.

The more that's on the Web, the easier it will be for the more clever scammers to look like legitimate sellers!

Steve

1976 2002 Polaris, 2742541 (original owner)

1973 2002tii Inka, 2762757 (not-the-original owner)

Any reasonably intelligent (but also evil) person could make a small fortune in such a way.  Money gets sent back and forth quite often with little thought on whether the person is honest.  I could just make accounts on dozens of car forums in a single day, and fake my way thru multiple transactions.  As long as you keep dollar amounts fairly low, people won't chase you too far if you screw them. 

Solution?  Uhhh, I dunno.  I wish I could think of a non-evil way of making money....

Bring a Welder

1974 2002, 1965 Datsun L320 truck, 1981 Yamaha XS400, 1983 Yamaha RX50, 1992 Miata Miata drivetrain waiting on a Locost frame, 1999 Toyota Land Cruiser

Any reasonably intelligent (but also evil) person could make a small fortune in such a way.  Money gets sent back and forth quite often with little thought on whether the person is honest.  I could just make accounts on dozens of car forums in a single day, and fake my way thru multiple transactions.  As long as you keep dollar amounts fairly low, people won't chase you too far if you screw them. 

Solution?  Uhhh, I dunno.  I wish I could think of a non-evil way of making money....

I suspect youve already figured out a way kevin..  Like all of us have..  Honest work.. If these guys would work as hard at putting in a good days work as they do at trying to screw everyone they could make a nice living...   heres the pic he sent me..  I swear ive seen this pic on this board in a for sale ad at some point

DSC01_zps6c555605.jpg

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

I suspect youve already figured out a way kevin..  Like all of us have..  Honest work.. If these guys would work as hard at putting in a good days work as they do at trying to screw everyone they could make a nice living...   heres the pic he sent me..  I swear ive seen this pic on this board in a for sale ad at some point

DSC01_zps6c555605.jpg

That foto was allegedly taken on 6/22/11 at 1:52 AM with a Sony Cybershot.

:-p

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

DSC01_zps6c555605.jpg

Im wondering if Ray is this guy???  he seems to know a lot about things

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

Unfortunately, I deal with frustrated victims of these and other scams all day long.  We seldom resolve them and the only ones we really have time to investigate are "elder abuse" related.  Most of the scams target the old and the desperate (financially).  Makes me sick every morning reading reports.  Educate the older folks in your family to call you for advice before sending money anywhere.......

Bill

1973 2002 Chamonix sunroof (soon to be M42 swap)
2015 Ford Explorer-Wife
1999 Jeep Cherokee

1991 318i convertible (donor)

Unfortunately, I deal with frustrated victims of these and other scams all day long.  We seldom resolve them and the only ones we really have time to investigate are "elder abuse" related.  Most of the scams target the old and the desperate (financially).  Makes me sick every morning reading reports.  Educate the older folks in your family to call you for advice before sending money anywhere.......

Bill

Perhaps that is why he targeted me Bill??  I had to say it before Ray did..

www.BluntTech.com
FAQ Supporting Vendor
 Sales@BluntTech.com

DSC01_zps6c555605.jpg

Here is where the picture came from.

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/32948-wts-staggered-panasport-rims-tires-1400/

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18250

Edited by FunkyLaneO

74 Golf