Pedal Box/booster Support Variations

nate_williams

Nate,

Strongly recommend getting ti pedal assembly. Puts the booster in the best location (just under the gap between the carbs. Also allows use of tii booster, as is standard on all 2000ti's and tilux.

Mike, do you have the long booster rod also?

• 4 weeks later...

A Tii booster will not fit in an NK with a Ti pedal box assembly and stock battery placement.

Also, a Tii booster is longer than an NK Ti booster (Same diameter though)

Addtionally, a stock Ti booster and an '02 master cylinder will not fit with stock battery placement.

You would need to move the battery to the trunk OR go with a stock Ti booster and stock or similar smaller master cylinder.

I attach pics.

The black car is my restomod. I used a Ti booster and 02 master. Note the clearance between the battery and the master. In this situation I moved my motor back two inches in the engine bay, and shortened the pedal box assembly and pedal rod two inches. This way the Ti booster and larger master would fit.

I also include a picture of a Tii booster and a complete 1800Ti setup in my stick 1800Ti.

Just for additional options I put a pic of a nboosterless brake bias box setup in a NK as well.

Just as a side note my S14 NK does NOT have a booster and we just fabricated a plate to mount the larger '02 master and it works great. ( I do have wilwood big brakes up front though)

Good luck!

Rey

post-38459-0-75570300-1381076419_thumb.j

post-38459-0-91537400-1381076434_thumb.j

post-38459-0-38868100-1381076444_thumb.j

post-38459-0-86949600-1381076451_thumb.j

I went down another route and fitted a Tii booster to my early NK with the high battery location. Not sure how this will cope when I switch to side-drafts though and replicate the early alpina air-box. I've got an e21 booster that might go there instead (it's a lot shallower, but I've not looked closely at the fit. 

DSC_0030.jpgDSC_0030.jpg

HI Nick,

Nice to see your post!

Nice solution. not sure if the engine bay gets more narrow towards the firewall or not. I will have to measure. I think you are fine as long as you use the factory angled Ti intake horns on your carbs ad remove the battery box.

Will you move the battery to the trunk or get a tray and weld it in the later battery tray position?

Rey

HI Nick,

Nice to see your post!

Nice solution. not sure if the engine bay gets more narrow towards the firewall or not. I will have to measure. I think you are fine as long as you use the factory angled Ti intake horns on your carbs ad remove the battery box.

Will you move the battery to the trunk or get a tray and weld it in the later battery tray position?

Rey

I don't think it gets narrower. I want to keep the original battery position and make myself one of thees rare air boxes (or very similar) - someone has been kind enough to send me detailed measurements of an original, but I won't know what's going to fit until I get onto the project.

page%201_Page_33.jpg

Archived