• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So...How was the Tahoe ride?(nt)

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

dubois2002 and i ran together to get off the hill sunday. left around 1130. traffic was horrid. Nothing you can do in bumper to bumper traffic in the mountains on 2 lane with inadequate passing zones. we had some fun on HWY 50 where it becomes 4 lanes( in the flats), dicing through the behemoths in the #1 lane who would not move over for the whispering bombs. I saw an Enzo on its way up the hill on 50- very cool and very rare: only 500 made world wide. Beautiful weather the whole weekend. Did not see any other 2002s other than the pack i met/drove around with. Lots of round -lake traffic too. It was draining to drive in it.The drive up from Stockton was fun. 5 02s on back roads. Real nice scenery. No opportunity to really enjoy the mechanics and power of the cars at any point during the weekend. Just too many people/cars up there on vacation. Nice get-away though. I saw some real nice eye candy 2002 mods on various cars. Some 2002 people are just geniuses when it comes to modifications. Now my want-to-do list is long again. Glad to be home to put some miles on the A4! here are some pics: standard.jpg a 3 parter.... part 1 standard.jpg part 2 standard.jpg part 3 standard.jpg these were not all the cars that were with us: some just came up for a couple hours, some came up late on saturday, here is dubois driving my sahara and me photographing him while i was supposed to be driving Baccus, his 2002tii standard.jpg and here is dubois driving his own car...standard.jpg

Guest Anonymous

He and (I believe it was) Norm or Kevin drove up 80 with us from the fuel tank meet. BTW-What was the ultimate fix for Bill? We pulled off at 89 and sent the other two around to the meeting point but did not see them the rest of the day.

We (me mostly) had a scare when all three cars were moving up 80, not really fast, but above the limit. I look in my mirror and see a CrownVic flying up the hill with lights going. I pull to the right lane, as did the other two cars. The CHP then passes the other two cars, pulls along side me, then behind me! (insert cartoon pic of characters heart pounding ouside of chest) After a short eternity, the CHP pulls off the next exit. Was he just racing up to us to get a better look? I'm just glad the stock vinyl seats are easy to clean.

An hour into the drive up, I heard something bounce up and hit underneath my feet. What was that? Everything still works, keep going. that night we get back down to our stopping point at Grass Valley. Shine the flashlight down in and see the upper mounting bolt for the alt half way out! Aw, leave it for morning.

We drove down 80 and got stuck in bumper to bumper near Sac, in pretty good heat. THANKS Curt I, that 3 row radiator proved itself. Only got up to 3/4 mark, never in the red. We stopped in Dixon to cool off and get some Fraps. Then drove down 113, 12, 160,& 4. THAT was much better than the interstate! I think I have my wife convinced of the beauty of secondary highways.

Guest Anonymous

driving with Jay, going in and out traffic on I-80, 70mph to 90 in seconds, maybe 95, I was too busy to look at the speedo, mostly concentrating ahead and keeping an eye for those blue lites behind. Had the "new" cd blasting, didn't realize my exhaust had broken in two! I guess it got too hot to handle!

Michael

72 tii

thanks Jay, great pic of Bacchus.

Guest Anonymous

on the second of the 3-part shot, in the middle is a beautiful

colored car with a front spoiler under the bumper. What color

is that? I love it..... and my car needs a respray anyway.....

Thanks,

Hugo

Guest Anonymous

A lot of the Sahara cars you see are faded and have lost their luster. A clean Sahara paint job with good polish looks fantastic.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

just use really good wax. worst surface is the trunk lid. But the paint has held up well over all the years. Sahara when it is fresh looks a bit darker. Just a bit, though. I can post some more pics later so you can see the Sahara in different light. Thanks for the compliment ( while the other s were sleeping, i was waxing and buffing at 0600 . had nothing else to do!)lol.

Guest Anonymous

standard.jpg

we pushed it hard on 50 to get away from some of the traffic , but you can never avoid it. man- what a mess! saw 3 little bumps/ pull overs and the idiots had to look and stop traffic for miles. Oh ya0 funny suv vs. suv: one suv tried to barge into the #1 lane on another suv. The stand-on succ gave way , initially, going onto the left shoulder, then he barged back and hit the other suv. it was great to see- 2 idiots banging into each other. i was ready to duck if the guns came out. now you seewhat we were up against- and all these guys had a.c.! hell, with an auto matic and a.c. it would have been an easier traffic jam.

i guess mike discovered he severed part of his exhaust: heat was rising into his seat area. He is o.k. and car too.