Need A Brake Booster...options?

jrhone

So my car is idling very rough when stopped and my foot is on the brake.  Lift off the brake and it goes back to buttery smooth.  This seems to be the symptoms of the brake booster going bad.  SO what are my options...I have found a Tii booster and I could get that and have it rebuilt.  The reason why I am leaning that way is that I am planning on installing DCOE 40's and while I know they will work with the standard booster, the Tii booster gives me more air cleaner options.  Is the Tii booster a direct bolt on?  Do I need a Tii master cylinder or will my standard master cylinder be fine?  If I get a used Tii booster, can I just sand and paint it or is there anything special I need to do to refurb it?  

its a direct bolt in application and you may want to consider using a tii master cylinder and you will also notice that your steel brake lines will need to be adjusted tii's have longer brake lines and you "might" need to change your brake fluid expansion tank. i think most 02ers do the whole upgrade in one shot,  5 series caliper, 77-78 320i rotors, tii struts master cylinder and brake booster etc.ect. but still you can do it one at a time. 

Archived