• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Real 2002Ti With Weber 40Dcoe19

Gunther

I am getting ready to order new venturi's and jets. When I bought the car it came with the wrong set up... 

29 Venturi

4.5 Aux Venturi

115 Main Jets

200 Air Correction 

35 Pump Jets

This would make for a super lean air/fuel mixture but the way the previous owner made this work was by opening the choke and providing more fuel that way... I know this is crazy but I am going to fix this. I need advice on venturi sizes... keep in mind that it is going on a real, numbers matching 2002ti... I wanted to use the recommended sizes in the following blog (http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/104213-dcoe-40-jetting-recommendation/?hl=venturi+dcoe#entry244158) it is the K206 conversion kit but not sure if it applies for the 2002ti... Please help... 

Thank you,

Gunther 

1970 BMW 2002ti

Granada 

1971 BMW 2002 TI

Your main venturi looks a little too small.  34mm ones may work better.

This has some good baseline information.  Document courtesy of Phil Ackley (Alpina Modified 2002).

IMG_1063_zps0e726541.jpg

Edited by jgerock

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Pierce Manifolds just released a new Weber DCOE "advanced tuning" DVD. It may not be on their website yet, gives some good info. The Alpina specs Jim posted are a good start but how you set the carbs up really depends on the engine and intended use. Is it primarily street or track only? Do you have stock cam and compression ratio or has it been modified? All of these and more affect what you will do. As Mike Pierce stresses in his new video, having a wide-band AFR is indispesible if you are doing your own tuning.

--Fred '69 45 DCOE 15's & '74tii

--Fred

'74tii (Colorado) track car

'69ti (Black/Red/Yellow) rolling resto track car

'73tii (Fjord....RIP)

Street or track dosent WFO mean the same? I will go with Marios qwote, if you aint crashin u aint shit, or somethin similar................

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

Alpina used TDC ignition timing for normal 2002?

This was for a stock 2002 not an Alpina motor with cam and higher compression. The Alpina motors used 3-5degrees advance.

Mike Katsoris CCA#13294                                                

74 InkaGangster 4281862

2016 Porsche Boxster Spyder,    2004 BMW R1150RT,  
76 Estorilblau 2740318                      

Im asking because all cars equiped with webers should have around 15° advance at idle...

I've been patiently awaiting a response on your comment, Blaz. I have a MM Hi-Flow with '45's and about 10:1 comppression, tii dizzy set to 34degrees total advance, which results in an idle advance (@ 1,000 rpm) of about 4 to 5 degrees. I have a slightly heavier spring combo for the advance weights to keep detonation to a minimum in the 2k to 3K range (i.e. I have it flat as a pancake up to around 3k). But still, 15 degrees advance at idle would probably put my total advance at red-line at about 45 degrees. Yikes.

Edited by Stacey

Stacey
Columbus, OH
No cup holders, by design.
'76 O=00=O   '77 R100RS  '85 K100 '01 325CI   '05 330XI ZSP   '80 Porsche 911SC

Lots of different views on that, and sort of like buying shoes. I'd search the Forum for "DCOE jets" or set-up or tuning. I wouldn't start drilling holes quite yet. What have you got in there now? Properly adjusted, it should idle lower than that. Key is midrange transition, about 2500 rpm.

I have alpina A1 spec jets but since that 70's gasoline is much different there is problem about 2000-3000rpm with spitting back...
Thats why i want to collect what jets someone is using so i can use them too.
Nows spec:
Weber 40dcoe19

55f8
130/f16/175

4,5venturi
34mm choke

Best regards

Blaz

First thing, where did you end up on timing advance? I spent a lot of time hunched over my carbs when my problem was not enough advance. Depending on head work, cam , CR and distributor choice, your setup looks a bit rich (choke and main). I assume you don't have an Alpina engine attached to the carbs. Also critical to get mixture screws nicely adjusted at idle. I'm running 30mm and 125. Prob could go 32MM. 55F8 sounds familiar - f9 is an alternative.