• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Carpet set prices......

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0020.jpg

URL: http://www.zeebuck.com/02bc/index.htm

Hi Guys,

The moment you've all been waiting for has arrived. I have done the math, made the calculations, and figured out what I'm going to charge for my upcoming carpet kits. These prices are for a nylon loop carpet, in solid colours, as closely matching original as possible. They will be multi piece, bound in all the original places, and using the best thread that I can buy. All sets have 4 yards of 40oz underlay included. I will be doing ALL of the cutting, sewing, and binding, in house. Nothing is farmed out, so quality is assured. $220USD. Buyer pays exact shipping charges.

Also, custom carpet types are available at additional cost. I have many cut piles available to me, including wilton wool. I also have German wool squareweave, and German wool loop(OEM). Email for prices, and availability on the custom carpets.

Al

Guest Anonymous

Does the kit include a trunk piece? If not you should add two types with and without the section where we place the battery.

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0020.jpg

to $225, and as far as I know, they don't include replacement underlay in theirs. I will be shipping it with 4 yards of 40oz, top quality underlay in addition to the carpet. What else makes mine better? I'm the one sewing them, with the best thread I can buy. All QC is done by me, and nothing is farmed out.

Al

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0020.jpg

As it stands now, no, there is no trunk piece. HOWEVER, I will be working on complete trunk kits in the not so distant future. I won't include the trunk mat in the original price, but I will be offering them seperately. My trunk kits will include both shock towers, bulkhead, and the floor. I could also sell just the floor mat as well.

Al

Guest Anonymous

OrangeCarCass.JPG

Sounds like it'd beat the funky orange carpet that's in there now. How much is it likely to cost (just a ballpark's OK)?

-Dave

Colorado '71 - good original carpet

Guest Anonymous

Do you use the multicolored felt stuff? My 69 1600 originally had no underlay - it glued right to the metal. However, the piece over the tunnel had a thick black plastic/rubber backing to act as heat insulation. The bimmerparts kit lacks this insulation and the result is more heat from the tranny filtering into the compartment.

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0020.jpg

I have the original wool, salt & pepper available to me, but it is VERY expensive. This is not the same as the "other" kit on the market, as theirs isn't wool. I don't have a source for salt & pepper nylon carpet, so I will be offering nylon loop, in solid colours only, at least for now. If you would like the wool loop, email me off list, and we can discuss it further.

Finally, yes, I will have pics, and a website up in the coming weeks.

Al

Guest Anonymous

DSCF0020.jpg

I would prefer to sell the whole kit, for a couple of reasons, but mostly so that it matches. If you wanted the OE loop carpet, I can get it, but it is expensive, and I have to order it, as I don't keep it in stock. Therefore, doing individual pieces, would be prohibitively expensive. Also, it would be very hard to exact matches of thread colour, binding, etc.

Al