gwb72tii

Fall Drive - Update ! ! ! !

30 posts / 2348 viewsLast Reply

ok it is Octoberfest, each weekend starting on the 5th!

I'm up for it but it would be good to get an earlier than normal start from Alki

If we go to Leavenworth, this is a cruise, not a race. Bring a friend/spouse/kids.

THis is not limited to 2002's so if you have a different bimmer by all means come along.

Edited by gwb72tii

If we go to Leavenworth, this is a cruise, not a race.

Awh  :rolleyes:

I'll meet y'all somewhere in between since I'm headed over from Ellensburg. So if anyone on the the East Side wants to bring an 02 we can cruise over the pass together.

Edited by roadhog0

If you guys head to Leavenworth on the 5th I should be able to meet you guys there! I'll be heading over from Wenatchee...

thought I'd pass this along from a group member

Oktoberfest runs for the first three weekends at Leavenworth. The event costs twenty dollars on Saturday. Part of the road in the downtown area of Leavenworth is closed off for all the activities. I attended the festival last year. There are a fair amount of people, but it is not overly crowded by any means. For anyone who is unfamiliar with the festival there is plenty of german music, dancing, costumes, food, and of course beer. 

Although the event is going on, there is still a portion of the town that is not involved with the festival. 

UPDATE!!

Hey everyone,

Ok, here's the itinerary for the October 5th drive to Leavenworth.

Meet up at the usual place, the Alki boat launch at 8:30'sh for a meet/greet.
Depart Alki boat launch at 9:15 to arrive at Leavenworth at around 11:30 via US-2 east.
Personal time on Leavenworth for 2 to 3 hours, then back home via US-2.
Alternative route home is via US-97 south to I-90, back over Snoqualmie Pass then home. US-97 is supposed to be a great drive. This is the way I will be going back.

Hope for good weather and bring family/friends/camera as it is Octoberfest in Leavenworth, so it should be a fun day.
Show up at the boat launch all gassed up and ready to go.

look for an email from me and please reply

post-32104-0-39931700-1380081495_thumb.j

The forecast for Friday 10/4 is 71 and sunny, then partly cloudy on Saturday.  Looks like the possibility of good weather! 

I'd say this was a success!! We had a blast, ate some great food, had some beer (most of us), and enjoyed the great weather!!! And I missed getting a speeding ticket (Thank you Prius!)! :o

I look forward to seeing y'all again! Here are the pictures I took;

Meet at Alki:

IMG_1886.JPG

IMG_1889.JPG

IMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1892.JPG

On the road:

(Stu, you got a taillight out)

IMG_1893.JPG

IMG_1894.JPG

How they sell houses in Monroe...  :rolleyes:

IMG_1895.JPG

More driving!

IMG_1896.JPG

IMG_1897.JPG

IMG_1899.JPG

IMG_1901.JPG

Nice E30 I got lucky and snapped a pic of as we passed:

IMG_1902.JPG

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1907.JPG

IMG_1912.JPG

WE MADE IT!!!

IMG_1915.JPG

I ended up parking next to you guys in Leavenworth, but didn't know who to look for in order to introduce myself. Haha

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.