gwb72tii

Fall Drive - Update ! ! ! !

30 posts / 2380 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

Who's up for a early October drive, maybe to Leavenworth for lunch and a drive thru the mountains?

I'll email the group as well.

post-32104-0-18488300-1377056100.jpg

Edited by gwb72tii

Great idea...count me in.  it's been 'slim pickins' 

this summer .'02 wise.  Let's do it.

Anton

I'm down as long as the pass hasn't snowed by then... My 02 wont make it over from Ellensburg if there's anything white on the ground :P May just have to take the truck if that happens! Hope to see y'all!!

Don't think my 02 will be running by them unfortunately. Any way I could join and shoot some photos in my E30 or E46? Would love to meet the local 02 guys!

Paolo

2002's can run in the snow. Ive done it. But putting chains on a car with tire clearances of about 3 credit cards dont work :P It actually did pretty good in the snow the few times i've had it out.

i ran from Lake Tahoe to Kirkwood to ski back in 1979 in a '70 2002 in 12" of fluffy snow and never missed a beat.

If my 02 was running I'd take it out. Would be quite the sight. Any definite date set for this yet?

I think this is a 'fall foliage' tour...don't bring chains...

bring your camera!

If my 02 was running I'd take it out. Would be quite the sight. Any definite date set for this yet?

i'm going to email the group about October 5 or October 12

Let me know if this is the plan and the dates etc.  Not sure how mine will do in the snow...  Its not a powerhouse so that might actually help... Have never really tested it..

Hello all--I just sent an all-hands e-mail about the Fall drive to Leavenworth (or?).  Let's firm up the date--October 5 or 12. 

Thanks, Stu.

Hey everyone!!

So for the October drive I'd suggest October 5th so we have a better shot a good weather.
My thoughts are to drive from Seattle to Leavenworth for lunch and then back, trying to drive a different way each leg.
I haven't checked to see if leavenworth has an octoberfest activity going on, so if they do it may be a challenge to go there because of the crowds??
Anyone know for sure??

So let me know, the alternative date is October 12th.

Meet up at the Alki boat launch as usual, bs for a while and hit the road.

Cheers
George

If you did not get an email from me pls email me at bonneys at comcast dot net so i can add your email addy to the list

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.