Fuel Pump Help

Dirka

Hi, i just cant get my head wrapped around to the problem I am having. My electrical pump wont turn on when i turn the ignition key. I connected pump directly to battery and it works, so that opts out that issue. So, i have no clue what to do. Which side does the wire need to connect on the coil. Please help, any suggestion. This is last thing i need to figure out so i can start my car wit its new engine ahhhH!

What year is your '02?  If you have a 72 or 73, IIRC fuse 11 is the one that powers the electric fuel pump on a tii, so it's the pefect location to power your fuel pump.  On squarelights or six fuse roundies, simply pick a fuse that's live only when the ign is on, and take a tap off that fuse.

cheers

mike

The connector off fuse 11 is also present in the wiring loom for non-tii cars. (31 on the wiring diagram). Green and white wire; my recollection is that the connector is under the dash, possibly over by the kick panel, but it should be easy enough to trace the wire from #11.

Mikesmith has it correct--should have mentioned that.  The wire on non-tii's ends in an insulated male plug that dangles from the wiring harness almost directly above the windshield wiper relay, near the hood release handle up under the dash.  I know the wire is there on '74s as tii's were produced that year, but not sure about 75s and 76s...can anyone confirm?

mike

Archived