E10 Condor Suspension Bushings Complete

BLUNT

Any way to make an insert that fits the whole housing similar to a normal bushing. Not like the IE plug style, something that doesnt use the rubber at all but isn't as solid as, well, a solid mount  :lol:

yes  The problem is the expense in recreating the E10 subframe mount housing and cost effectiveness in doing so.

Ive been looking into it for a while  but I just havent had as much time to devote to it as Id like

I need to get on it...  I was thinking of creating an entire new mount but if others were willing to press or burn the existing bushing out it would be a simpler task

Any way to make an insert that fits the whole housing similar to a normal bushing. Not like the IE plug style, something that doesnt use the rubber at all but isn't as solid as, well, a solid mount  :lol:

curious what problem you are trying to solve...the IE insert does an outstanding job of stiffening up a stock mount in severe track use.  if i wanted anything stiffer i would just go to full solid mount.  i don't think i would use any full poly mount on the subframe for street use.

curious what problem you are trying to solve...the IE insert does an outstanding job of stiffening up a stock mount in severe track use.  if i wanted anything stiffer i would just go to full solid mount.  i don't think i would use any full poly mount on the subframe for street use.

Not trying to solve anything really. The stock mounts are a little softer than I like even with the IE stuff in it, and yes they made a big difference. I would like something that still isolates a little noise compared to a full steel ones though.

the material in the condor ones doesn't isolate much noise.....  it is much harder than the urethane material.  noticeable when driving on street or track.

bushing material is a range of compromise.

comfort<---rubber/stock---------urethane---uhmw----heim joints--metal---->track use

I have had cars with all five of those options.  there is a noticeable difference at each level. 

where are driving that you think the stock with insert is too much movement?

No where other than back roads rather hard and a lot of daily miles. And why not go urethane there. What am I going to loose? Maybe a little quietness in the cabin, but I may gain a little better handling. Plus anywhere I can keep parts more firmly connected to the car I will.

I understand the the whole compromise deal. I've driven many miles on urethane bushing in my car and truck that I put in and many on each with stock rubber. There is a reason I pick urethane or similar in all my rigs. Ease of use, price, and better handling.

Even with inserts the rubber has a fair amount it can move especially for and aft if I remember correctly. So why not, can't hurt to try.

Archived