283 posts / 68176 viewsLast Reply

I think that's good as far as noise level goes. I'm gonna be doing a center exitborla with a resonator. Can't wait. My car going for fender flares and exhaust tomorrow and then when I get it back just need to find a fan,bleed cooling system, wire up oil pressure switch and tidy it up

Looking good kid ., I personally think it's a little on the loud side .., I like them quite , but at least you got it going on its own power good stuff man .. Wait till you start driving it .. Your engine is looking good and clean keep it simple ..

Hey kid, looks like you're running the scirocco radiator. What size fan are you running?

Mine is a 12 and I think a 13 could fit depending on your setup

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hmm ok. I need to buy a fan and a hose before I can get my cooling system going. I'll look at 12 inch fans. Thanks guys!

Where did you guys cut into the firewall to route the harness for the DME through? Any pictures?

On the fan I didn't mount my fan on the rad I welding tabs on the two metal brackets that hold the hood hinges and mounted the fan on that .. Never liked the zip ties through the rad over a few months or years it will chew through your rad .. 12 will work but I wanted to get as much fan in there for max cooling dono stuffed a 13 in there

Can anyone tell me if the later model ECU (173) can plug and play with an early 325i harness?  I have the early ECU and harness from a pre 87 325i and before I move forward wiring the chassis C101 to the 2002 chassis harness I wanted to double check and make sure first.  Thanks. 

Yes it will work, but you need to do some research on the C104 connector. 

Google C104 Connector, C104 E30, etc. etc.

Here's a good place to start - http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=233898

I spent weeks wrapping my head around the whole thing but when you're actually wiring everything up it somewhat makes sense. Just make sure you know what you're doing before you start cutting and splicing. Good luck!

(edited)

Thanks.  I am currently under the impression that the only wire at the C104 that I need to deal with is for the black wire for the tach, which would go the coil/tach.  

Edited by chad

Where are you guys routing your vent hose for the tank?6317395767fbb111ca7585a0a55f69c2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I just stuck it through a hole I had on that side and let it vent back outside

i just drilled a hole in the rubber and stuck it through...if you do this then point the fuel return line down because at idle you will have alot of fuel returning and it might leak alittle :ph34r:

On 12/23/2013 at 7:23 AM, CubbyChowder said:

Here is a quick "before" picture of my soon-to-be M20 powered 2002 project which I've been slowly working on for nearly two years now  :) (M20 sitting on the right, ready to be disassembled and refreshed)

o8m4.jpg

did the motor get into the car?