What Parts Would You Like Made For The 02?

heist

I'm curious to see what items the 02 community would like to see made or even remade. I now have the pedals and fluid reservoirs on www.tailoredsupply.com, but does anyone have suggestions? I'm open to new ideas or really anything. Maybe front and rear aluminum strut bars? Any input is appreciated!

What about updates to some of the old classic upgrades. For example Volvo calipers won't be available for ever. Is there anything more modern that could be used?

Similar issues with rear disc brakes - - VW Golf mk ii?

Edit: it seems that Mini brakes may be an option. This is the kind of thing that I am talking about.

What about a more modern 5 (or 6!) speed conversion using cheap and readily available boxes.

Edited by Simeon

Reproduce the section of the door weather seals that bear against the trailing edge of the window glass.  Now you must replace the entire perimeter seal at $140+ when 99% of the time only that section is deteriorated (sun/ultra violet rot) and the remainder of the seal is in good condition. 

If you examine the seal carefully, you'll see that it's made from several different moldings, glued together.  This trailing seal is a separate piece and shouldn't be too difficult to reproduce using a poured liquid rubber/foam product...someone making these pieces could sell a boatload!

mike

For STEVENC22

contact me immediately--or you'll miss out on a pair.

macitzAT Gmail DoT com.

mac.

Sorry STEVENC22. When I said IMMEDIATELY, I meant IMMEDIATELY. Now they are headed to New York.

Maybe something else in the future.

mac.

Edited by mac

For STEVENC22

contact me immediately--or you'll miss out on a pair.

macitzAT Gmail DoT com.

mac.

Sorry STEVENC22. When I said IMMEDIATELY, I meant IMMEDIATELY. Now they are headed to New York.

Maybe something else in the future.

mac.

The sale ends in 15 seconds -------- LOL

I just thought of this the other day, and may sound silly.... How 'bout a long aluminum 'ram air' tube/box that connects from the front of the radiator support, going to a curved air-box that gets screwed over/onto the base of a Weber 32/36 or 38/38? Maybe add/extend a bar to attach to a strut-brace; to create an engine brace to keep the engine from jiggling. I understand that the motor wants to twist more laterally and not 'front to back'... Probably not to good for the carb bolts w/ that stress either..

Anyway, that's my crazy suggestion: Ram-air tube to a weber carb.

- Chris

Reproduce the section of the door weather seals that bear against the trailing edge of the window glass.  Now you must replace the entire perimeter seal at $140+ when 99% of the time only that section is deteriorated (sun/ultra violet rot) and the remainder of the seal is in good condition. 

If you examine the seal carefully, you'll see that it's made from several different moldings, glued together.  This trailing seal is a separate piece and shouldn't be too difficult to reproduce using a poured liquid rubber/foam product...someone making these pieces could sell a boatload!

mike

What he said +1