1968 Bmw 1600 2002

Hey guys, I'm selling my 02 out of sheer necessity. If you guys were at the last Bay Area Swap and Show or the East Bay Loop drive, then you've already seen this car in person. Reach out if you have any questions:

CL Ad:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/3975271764.html

Early 68 BMW 1600. Vin number indicates that it was produced in 1967 but registered and titled as a 1968. This car looks completely stock but has internals of a much newer, funner, more reliable model.

Engine is a completly rebuilt 1974 BMW 2002 2.0L M10 motor with piano top pistons, Weber progressive carburetor, 320i radiator (blue bmw coolant), 320i alternator, valve job done 1K miles ago. Ireland Engineering Tii distributor, Header, New Water Pump, New Thermostat

Transmission is a 5 speed Getrag from a 318i, syncros are in great shape (no grinding in any gear). I believe the rear main seal has a small leak and the throw out bearing needs to be adjusted or replaced.

Rear End has the original long neck diff, with 4:11 gears (lots of fun), replaced gear oil 1.5K miles ago

Drive Shaft has new Guibos and center bearing, brake lines have been replaced with steel braided ones

13 inch original wheels with rare original hubcaps, wrapped in brand new Falken perfomance tires

Interior has been re-covered by previous owner, recently stripped out original carpet and layed down new sound deadener throughout before installing Esty carpet kit.

Paint is original Sahara and does not show any signs of respray (except for the rear where it had some minor body work done by previous owner)

Kenwood AM/FM/CD/MP3/USB stereo and Pioneer 6X9's in rear parcel tray.

All lights and electrical items work.

Too much to list, come see in person. 925-321-6736

Year: 1968

Make: BMW

Model: 1600/2002

Body and Interior: Stock/Recovered/New (used) Esty Carpet kit

Engine and Drivetrain: 1974 2002

Suspension, Brakes: Stock

• 5 months later...

Archived