How Do You Adjust/raise Door Window Height

Koblenz

Having done the search, the question remains,

Driver's side; to adjust the window height closest to the b pillar

Do I have to adjust the door from the hinges or is there a singular window "frame" configuration or is it a combination of several different adjustments?

The door is currently aligned and meets the body line and is flush with corresponding body trim.

With the window rolled completely up there remains a "tooth-pick" size gap between seal and window height at the last 8 inches.

remove the inner door panel...you can adjust the inside works that the rollers work on up/down & somewhat sideways

Thanks Esty.  The panel is out and I have discovered the various tracks and adjustments.  The window rolls up and down well, good tension and lays nicely against the seal.  I just don't see a way to raise the enough to fill that gap.

You mean that the window doesn't roll up enough? There is a stopper piece that can be adjusted. It's located where the glass is bolted to supporting metal pieces. If I remember there is one at front and another at rear end of the glass. At rear for sure. It's an L-shaped metal piece that stops against bent part at upper edge of door body.

hth, Tommy

You mean that the window doesn't roll up enough? There is a stopper piece that can be adjusted. It's located where the glass is bolted to supporting metal pieces. If I remember there is one at front and another at rear end of the glass. At rear for sure. It's an L-shaped metal piece that stops against bent part at upper edge of door body.

hth, Tommy

Yes.  Doesn't roll up enough.  I discovered that window stop.  Question. The holes in the glass that those bolts go through, are those holes oval or round?  Thanks

It's fairly likely the regulator pivot shaft is worn out. This is common - the regulator travel is reduced. One symptom of worn regulator is "lost motion" of the crank. In other words, if you start rotating the crank, nothing happens for a little bit.

Pull the window up and see if it will close all the way. If it does, the stops are adjusted correctly but the regulator isn't pushing all the way.

It's fairly likely the regulator pivot shaft is worn out. This is common - the regulator travel is reduced. One symptom of worn regulator is "lost motion" of the crank. In other words, if you start rotating the crank, nothing happens for a little bit.

Pull the window up and see if it will close all the way. If it does, the stops are adjusted correctly but the regulator isn't pushing all the way.

Aha!  I will check that out.  Is putting a new regulator in an involved process?

Thanks everyone!

If it turns out that your window regulator is worn, what's probably bad is the pot metal pin at the center of the concentric spring.  The steel spring--and the force put on it--causes that pot metal pin to wear and eventually fail.  If that's your problem and you want to repair it vs buying a new one, drop me an e-mail...I wrote a Roundel column on how to repair the regulator and replace that pin with one made from a steel bolt.

cheers

mike

Archived