New Wheels For My Vintage 02 Racer

2002GT3CAR

After 18 months of constant searching I finally found a mint pair of E30 magnesium BBS at a reasonable price for my vintage 2002 racer! The only issue is they are currently set up as flatbase 13x8 inch wheels and I need to have 15" to clear my 12" brakes. These will look great on my Schnitzer flared car :)

If anyone is interested in the 13" wheel halves please shoot me an email.

post-34463-0-36585900-1375309223_thumb.j

post-34463-0-86323700-1375309250_thumb.j

post-34463-0-36230500-1375309269_thumb.j

I just called BBS and you are both right. Luckily I just bought the wheels today and they havent shipped so the seller is issuing a refund. Foolish mistake on my part! Thank you both on saving me from a costly mistake! I guess its back to the drawing board for a set of E30s :(

They did not allow 15" wheels in GT3 on a BMW until the mid 80's if I remember correctly.  Damn I'm getting old when "mid 80's is considered vintage"!  Just giving you a bad time.  I'm in the process of getting 10 cars ready for the Monterey Historic races.  PVT me his info I might be interested, what was he asking for them?  Any idea what the offset is? 

Thanks

I'm no expert but I do have a set of e30s and I thought that the 16 hole centers we're the same for 13, 14, and 15" rim halves. Mine appear to be 13" centers with 15" rim halves. I'll try to post a pic.

Maybe your right.  My bbs's don't run these long halves though.

these 15" halves look like they'd use a 13" center.Aluminium_outer_lip_15_inch_for_BBS_RS-R

Ok so I spoke to a different person directly in BBS USA this time. He looked at the wheel pics and says these wheels CAN be made into 15s using the drop wheel halves. The issue is that for what I will spend going from 13s to 15s I should just spring from brand new ones - the difference in price would only be about $300-400 total and I would rather be rolling on brand new rims for safety reasons versus older restored rims.