Bavauto Springs

2double02

Has anyone installed the Bavauto sport springs? I just installed a set on my 70 2002 and the rear fenders now sit over my tires with the wheels cambered out. The fronts look okay but the stance is higher by an inch at the front. Any thoughts on this product or any photos with them installed? I feel confident that we did put the taller springs at the rear as instructed. Thank you.

post-37920-0-92187700-1375239476.jpg

post-37920-0-56318000-1375239487.jpg

post-37920-0-52332400-1375239504.jpg

post-37920-0-29178000-1375239630.jpg

Thanks all. I did contact Bavauto and they said put the tall ones in the rear which I feel certain we did. Strut spacers have already been removed from the front. If anyone has their springs installed with some photos to share, that would be great. My next move is to reverse them. Perhaps these just drop the car more than H&Rs. If so, there will be a new set of springs for sale soon with no miles! I don't want to roll fenders and this combination with 25mm offset wheels and 195/50s clears fenders but is tight.

DON:T just reverse the springs.  You have options with adjusting the rear ride height.  Check witch thickness rear spring pads you have (one dot, two dot or three dot [if you don't know this, a forum search should show you]).  If you've got the one dot pads then obviously you can then get the thicker ones to help.  If that isn't enough you can always find a bit of scrap aluminum or ask a basic machinist to make you some additional spacers.

Great thoughts. I like the spacer idea. I have less than 1/16" clearance between tire and fender so I may try a set of H&R springs as well which are a little less aggressive. Install is a piece of cake after you have done it a few times in the same week!

John,

Are the tires 195/50 on your 15" wheels? When I called Bavauto, they said their springs were a bit more aggressive than H&Rs lowering the car by about 2". I just can't figure out why mine sits lower in the back. The fenders are over the tires by about 3/4". I am putting the H&Rs on tomorrow and if it doesn't level out, I will try the front aluminum spacers or thicker rubber spacers.

Thanks,

Brad