• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Don't Tread On Me?

Guest_anonymous

Va safety inspection questions. Hampton Roads

'74 dual webers, No emmisions, Stahl header, no front bumper, no rear belts, HD's over Eibachs lowered @ 1.5"

Am I going to have a problem?

Safety inspection regs say '73-newer needs emissions equipment but according to DMV it doesn't need to actually pass emissions

What do I really need to know out of all this

http://www.dmv.state.va.us/vehicles/#emissions.html

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Safety.shtm

http://lis.virginia.gov/000/reg/TOC19030.HTM#C0070

TIA

Daron

Edited by daron

Thanks Jim. What about the "antique" tag regs regarding limitation of use. I.e. no daily driving, car club runs under 250 miles,....yada yada. Is the ground reality a lot more lenient than the regulations make it out to sound? Are the yellow plates less conspicuous than the white on black plates ?

+1

no inspections at all....

yes, no driving it to work.  supposedly only for pleasure use.  not sure how that would be enforced unless they stop you in a weekday rush hour.

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

so, muddling through the legal mumbo jumbo, if have antique tags, I can get pulled over for a standard violation of the safety inspection, have my registration card confiscated, my car impounded, a class 4 misdemeanor which would revoke my registration and ban me from registering the vehicle for 5 years.Unless I pay for a yearly inspection which would allow general use, but defeats the purpose of getting antique tags.

Is there something I'm missing here, or is there just a little risk in actually driving the car with antique tags unless I'm a clown in a parade, within 250 miles of my house.

Turkis is just a little noticeable, especially when I have my foot in it.

:wacko:

vsa10b.pdf

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t
  • Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors