• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

02's And Coffee 24Aug

M3M3

may have lift open if someone wants to bring their supplies and tools for an easy brake job or oil change.

Marshall--I'll make it if I can! Using the lift would be great, I need to plumb hard fuel lines under the '69, both pressure and return. Have tubing, bender, and clips. Could then show folks how I fit my 3" exhaust with a 6" diameter Magnaflow under the car. Let me know if that is a possibility.

Thanks,

Fred '69 & '74tii

--Fred

'74tii (Colorado) track car

'69ti (Black/Red/Yellow) rolling resto track car

'73tii (Fjord....RIP)

Marshall--I'll make it if I can! Using the lift would be great, I need to plumb hard fuel lines under the '69, both pressure and return. Have tubing, bender, and clips. Could then show folks how I fit my 3" exhaust with a 6" diameter Magnaflow under the car. Let me know if that is a possibility.

Thanks,

Fred '69 & '74tii

I for one would like to see one of your cars in person..

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Thanks,

Fred '69 & '74tii

yes...doable.  the one consideration is my lift is a mid-rise.  tranny swaps not doable, but you can get at most other stuff.

you are first one to want access so bring it on in.

2011-12-31_14-29-56_246.jpg

2012-01-01_14-48-04_407.jpg

Edited by mlytle

2xM3

Thanks for the photo. I'll try to come on the early side so I can get in before the driveway fills up. Another project is to set the toe-in, haven't done that since I swapped in the front struts from my other car. I'll bring my toe plates, I.m sure you have a good method as well. Do you have a way to measure camber other than a string bob and ruler?  --FB

--Fred

'74tii (Colorado) track car

'69ti (Black/Red/Yellow) rolling resto track car

'73tii (Fjord....RIP)

Thanks for the photo. I'll try to come on the early side so I can get in before the driveway fills up. Another project is to set the toe-in, haven't done that since I swapped in the front struts from my other car. I'll bring my toe plates, I.m sure you have a good method as well. Do you have a way to measure camber other than a string bob and ruler?  --FB

How early is early? I need some On-the-job training with regards to this as I have to do mine (single run) as well. I'm more than willing to get my hands dirty and learn something.

Let me know if anybody needs anything with regards to tools. I have plenty.

I'm also in the market for a 5 sp tranny If anybody wants to sell one.

Tim

Happy to be here folks....

Stable:

2012 Jeep MW3

1970 Ford Mustang

1969 BMW 1600-2

unforturnately the digital camber gauge i use is in winchester.  toe plates and tape measures is how i do toe adjust also.

yes, come a bit early (30min or so) so we can get it unloaded.

2xM3

• BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

BMW Neue Klasse - a birth of a Sports Sedan

Unveiling of the Neue Klasse Unveiled in 1961, BMW 1500 sedan was a revolutionary concept at the outset of the '60s. No tail fins or chrome fountains. Instead, what you got was understated and elegant, in a modern sense, exciting to drive as nearly any sports car, and yet still comfortable for four.   The elegant little sedan was an instant sensation. In the 1500, BMW not only found the long-term solution to its dire business straits but, more importantly, created an entirely new
    History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

History of the BMW 2002 and the 02 Series

In 1966, BMW was practically unknown in the US unless you were a touring motorcycle enthusiast or had seen an Isetta given away on a quiz show.  BMW’s sales in the US that year were just 1253 cars.  Then BMW 1600-2 came to America’s shores, tripling US sales to 4564 the following year, boosted by favorable articles in the Buff Books. Car and Driver called it “the best $2500 sedan anywhere.”  Road & Track’s road test was equally enthusiastic.  Then, BMW took a cue from American manufacturers,
    The BMW 2002 Production Run

The BMW 2002 Production Run

BMW 02 series are like the original Volkswagen Beetles in one way (besides both being German classic cars)—throughout their long production, they all essentially look alike—at least to the uninitiated:  small, boxy, rear-wheel drive, two-door sedan.  Aficionados know better.   Not only were there three other body styles—none, unfortunately, exported to the US—but there were some significant visual and mechanical changes over their eleven-year production run.   I’ve extracted t

• Upcoming Events

• Supporting Vendors