320I Front Hubs For Brake Upgrade

djdawson2

Hi,

I'm upgrading my front brakes during the rebuild of my '72tii.  As I understood it, I needed to use 320i front hubs.  I see this listing on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-e21-320i-front-hubs-big-brake-conversion-2002-2002tii-used-/121113175347?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c32e86533&vxp=mtr

In his description, he indicates that they won't work on the tii.  Can anyone enlighten me as to why they won't work... and if they don't, what will I need to find.

Thanks!!

Dave

From earlier this month .... should answer your question in length.

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/142538-volvo-brake-hub-issue/?hl=big+bearing+hubs#entry934136

Now that being said, I'd contact Rob (the seller) directly and ask if he has some big bearing hubs around.  The guy has lots of goodies and is one of the only guys I'd trust to do a proper tranny rebuild.

Edited by AceAndrew

LOL... funny enough that you are answering, as it's your brake kit that I need hubs for.  So I need "large bearing" hubs from a 323i, correct?

Thanks,

Dave

Oh, and I'm also wondering if I can fit the E36 318 lsd diff into a 2002 housing... or only into the 320i housing... following your project post.

Thanks

Small world.  All my stuff arrived this week, and all looks fantastic.  The braking on my tii when stock was pretty darn good... I can only imagine what it's going to be like with both front and rear Wilwoods.

My 2002 diff was stock 3.64 non lsd... so I should be good?  That's one part of the project write-up where I'm somewhat concerned... proper shimming of everything to get it put together with proper celarances.  I've seen more than a few "home builds" fail at track events, and I don't want to be one of them.  I'm also not in the mood to spend $2k on a rebuilt diff... seems too pricey.

Thanks again...